Search results

1. nostrixoxide

need help identifying what we got here.

Thanks we were thinking it was a Taco or an old Bonanza. Also need to know if anything major seems to be missing besides the seat. Like fenders type of brake it used (scrub style or other type). We do know it originally used to be a dark blue color.
  2. nostrixoxide

need help identifying what we got here.

Hi guys, I Seen this thing sitting in my girlfriends parents backyard. He would like to restore it to original condition but we are at a loss of what make, model & year it might be. I noticed it has a jackshaft with a huge rear sprocket. Serial # is 7t483
  3. nostrixoxide

Highly Modded HF GX200 Clone for Sale

!!!!!!!!!SOLD!!!!!!!!!! The winning price was $450 + Shipping... Thanks to everyone who showed interest. I really appreciate it, Oldminibikes.com rules!!!!
  4. nostrixoxide

:thumbsup:Cool, it was an honest mistake. Once again I appologise for the confusion. Either way I have a ton of money & time in this engine. It should run like a raped ape, no doubt. I took alot of time making sure this thing was gonna be right with all the mods & head work. I even took your...
  5. nostrixoxide

Please give me until Friday to find out the shipping cost. I am extremely busy during the day but have made some time in my schedule on Friday to break away & go to the UPS depot. I have other potential buyers that have PM'd me. So far I've been offered $375 & the buyer pays all shipping cost...
  6. nostrixoxide

I appologise for any misquotes. But my PM from you back in November 08 said you guy's had crack 86mph on a stock cam. And you also stated that you think it's possible you will hit 90mph or more by playing with the gearing. Once again I appologise for any misquotes or bad information I might of...
  7. nostrixoxide

Yes, MDB has seen close to 90mph with a similar build on a stock camshaft. But the block has been clearence for future cam swaps.
  8. nostrixoxide

Hey guy's I just wanted to let everyone know that I am considering offers on my highly modded GX200 clone. My game plan was to build an engine, buy a mini, install it & have fun with some of my friends. As it turns out I never got around to purchasing an actually mini for the engine & my friends...
  9. nostrixoxide

honda 6.5 clone problem

Well you can always make, modify or purchase a new throttle linkage. But first I would check to see if something is binding up...
  10. nostrixoxide

billet rod help... ASAP

Keep in mind before you purchase a new camshaft & the additional parts to allow the camshaft to work optimally. I believe MDB has been over 80mph with a clone on a stock cam... May want to PM him & see what he has to say about it. I guess it really depends on the type of riding you do...
  11. nostrixoxide

Good modding article

That was an awesome read!!! Thanks for posting the article. After reading it, I wanna know what MDB did to build his clone to almost 30hp... He must have some serious custom parts on that engine to pull those numbers...
  12. nostrixoxide

ShelbyClone

Yep, same bike I used to have. I also was sad to see it go, but atleast I made a pretty penny on it. I bought the bike for $500 from my cousin, but some dough in it & ended up selling it for $2,500. At the time work was slow & I needed to pay car insurence. So I just sold the bike & paid a full...
  13. nostrixoxide

ShelbyClone

Like I said before I usually don't even pay for tickets. If I want to go to a cool show I usually just get tickets for free from my buddy. However this was a special occasion & too us spending $500 each for these tickets was no big deal. If you take $500 & divide by10yrs (3650 days) of waiting...
  14. nostrixoxide

milling head?

The studs being too short was the reason i shimmed up the rocker studs, by the time you tighten the lock nut down without the shims it would hang the valve open. "SHIM THE ROCKER STUDS" the stainless retainers are thicker then the stock set & running the stainless retainers compresses the...
  15. nostrixoxide

ShelbyClone

Yeah, I'm more of a fan of their older stuff too. I do like some of the songs on the Black album, but everything after that is kinda just like whatever??? Good thing about this concert was they were playing alot more of their older song's & only a few from the new album as a promotion of sorts...
  16. nostrixoxide

ShelbyClone

We had 4 tickets $500 a pop back in September when we bought them. I usually don't pay for tickets at all, but me & my friends are big fan's & had been waiting almost 10yrs to see them live. So to us it was worth the money to have the chance to rock out. I just feel bad for my friend, he really...
  17. nostrixoxide

ShelbyClone

Hey buddy, how did you like are little mini blizzard today? I got almost 30" of snow @ my house. Kinda sucked though because we had concert tickets for Metallica. But since they close all the ways out of the AV we couldn't get down there to see them. Talk about a messed up day, that was $2,000...
  18. nostrixoxide

One of the best things Ford ever built

Maybe when it's time to rebuild, you can toss that junk Cleveland in the scrape heap & buy a Windsor for it. Well if you wanna make some real power that is :thumbsup:
  19. nostrixoxide

milling head?

Strigoi, I milled that exact amount of my head & I placed a couple 1mm thick washers underneath the rocker studs to compensate for the length of the pushrods. Wasn't a big deal & it worked out perfect. NO COIL BIND ISSUES... Let me refrase that. I put 1 "1mm thick" washer under each...
  20. nostrixoxide

Zipster Build...

It looks sweet, keep up the excellent work. And thank you for the info :thumbsup: