Search results

1. A

Help for a newer flathead Briggs - carb and more

My first idea was actually to solder a M18 nut on top of the muffler and mount the AFR sensor. But I'm not sure that will work, if it's not too close to the cylinder. By the way, the kit is a PLX C6AFRG4, a gen 4 with a Bosch LSU 4.9 sensor. Or an AEM 30-4110. We're going to buy it the next days.
  2. A

I'll share with you a few pictures. The models are not exactly the same as the engines I have but pretty similar. I also included an example of the intake manifold which I'll have to make. It goes straight and thorugh the shroud. The last picture is a mockup of the engines mounted. Then they'll...
  3. A

Thank you all for your input! In the meantime, I've been busy with the project. I'm planning on running the engines stock and see if significant oil comes out of the breather tube. If so, the backup plan is to install a PCV Valve (like a HONDA PCV Valve I found on amazon) and block the hole...
  4. A

Thank you very much for your input. Modifing the engines in such a drastic way is not the objective. I really only want to be able to convert the vertical engine to horizontal and install a suitable carb so that it will work fine. My main issue is that even though there are many posts about...
  5. A

Good evening, SUMMARY: Is a PZ19 (or any similar sized carb - PZ20, VM22, etc...) suitable for a B&S Quantum 190cc 124T flathead engine (These models no longer have a power rating but I assume it's a 4-5HP)? UPDATE: I found some users talking about the Tecumseh HS50 engine (which has...