Search results

1. metalstringdom

Is a 79cc Predator too small to move a grown adult or is there another issue?

There's a happy ending to this one. I got that jackshaft kit and installed it. I did have to slightly knotch the rear control arm to have clearance for the jackshaft sprocket. At first, it was a little better. I realized that it didn't roll very smoothly, so I loosened the brake up a bit...
  2. metalstringdom

That jackshaft should get me to 6.92 to 1 and also I can move the engine over a little. Also should get me 17 mph. I have a goof cart that runs 14 mph, so we can ride together. That's all I am looking for. If I need more speed I will remove the governor. I am sure at some point I will end...
  3. metalstringdom

Here's what I am looking at doing. If anyone has a similar setup let me know. I don't think I can do a bigger rear sprocket because of the bolt pattern of the rear wheel being kind of odd. I already have the holes for the jackshaft.
  4. metalstringdom

I finally got a minute to take a look at my gear ratio. The front sprocket on the clutch is 12, and the back sprocket on the wheel is 60. Looks like 5 to 1. I think I probably need a jackshaft. What do you all think?
  5. metalstringdom

I'll have to count them both when I get home. I can say that it used to have a shaft with sprockets in the middle where that hole is just in front of the back tire, but it was all so rusted and destroyed I tried to do without it.
  6. metalstringdom

I recently finished this mini bike (more has been done since the picture). It was found in the garbage all rusted in 1993, and we grabbed it. It sat in another storage unit for years until we discovered this year that it was still there. I forgot all about it. We cleaned it up and painted...