Search results

1. foxxinabox

Rubber Isolators & CVT's

My work on the Tri-Rod has stalled because, you know, life, but, in the meantime, I've acquired an Alsport UT-10 utility truck in need of an engine. On both machines I've been toying around with the idea of rubber isolators beneath the engine to help dampen the vibration. My question is will the...
  2. foxxinabox

Manco Thunderbird

Bought this for the wife because she wanted to learn (I'm cool with that). Does what it's supposed to do but is now powered by a Predator engine. I like to have IPL's and manuals for my toys and this one is no different. The only one I can find is for a 593-00, but this one looks a little...
  3. foxxinabox

Worth It?

I got this frame for my boys but, as I look at it, this might be more here than I want to mess with at the moment. My question is: is this anything worthwhile (rare, special, etc) that I really should be worried about before/if I hack it up? The handlebars have been bent and poorly welded, one...
  4. foxxinabox

TriRod Brakes (Upgrading)

My TriRod currently has banded brakes. I have not had the opportunity to ride it yet but, with putting a larger engine on it, I'm having to re-engineer the axles (due to rust) and would like to upgrade to hydraulic disk brakes. I have a narrow space to work with (this is a model with suspension)...
  5. foxxinabox

Comet vs Aftermarket

So I was rooting around in the garage tonight and found I have a GX390 from...something; looks like I have a donor engine for the TriRod. Now, my question is: should I be looking at strictly Comet clutches or are any aftermarket ones worthwhile? I'm needing a 40 Series driver, at the minimum...
  6. foxxinabox

So...What Did I Buy (Get Myself Into)? - BGW TriRod

Sold a used mower for $200 a couple weeks ago and, apparently, didn't see a reason to hang onto the money. :rolleyes: Anyway, saw this thing come up for sale and decided to add it to my collection of projects (three hovercraft, two 6x6). I bought it as the sun was fading (why?!?) and got a good...