Search results

1. J

Axle fabrication

Check OldMiniBikes for the live axle ....
  2. J

Vintage Cat 300

Where did you get the brake lever rubber?? What tires are they??? Thanks great looking bike!!
  3. J

Hot Rod HS40-Powered Full Suspension Cat 250

Great job Dave looks awesome!!!!! Well done!!!!
  4. J

I'm Out of Work

Congratulations Tom!!! Don't worry about finding stuff to do.......I have been retired for 5 years and before all I wanted to do was go fishing when i retired.......Sad to say i haven't been fishing once since retiring!!!!! Have fun!!!!!
  5. J

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Cat man Derek

Happy Birthday!!!
  6. J

Hot Rod HS40-Powered Full Suspension Cat 250

Dave I haven't been on here for a while but have always admired your work......This one is awesome!!! It convinced me to get off my butt and start my Cat 300 project!!!!! I will be shipping you my frame, wheels, and enough parts to put together a 5hp Briggs....Let me know when you have it...
  7. J

blowout on a jerry rigged bike, need tube advice

Even though you wouldn't use a tube you would still need the hole in the rim for the valve stem so you could fill it with air. I would think you would want a straight valve stem, the curved one like shown would be prone to catching on just about anything....Hope this helps!!!
  8. J

Doubling up tires

My question is how is putting an old tire inside the new one going to make the new one last longer??? I am also confused how the old tire would fit inside the new tire if they are the same size??? Finally I would be concerned about a balance issue in this set up. Good luck I guess!!!
  9. J

Another FREE giveway!!!!!

jeff4298 #39
  10. J

What minibikes or karts came with a 4 HP Briggs?

My 1969 Cat 400 came with a 4 hp Briggs brand new when I opened the big box. Ran with 5 hp Briggs. FWI it was black on my cat 400.
  11. J

Wow pricey Cat!!!!

Cat 250 0n ebay all original....one owner family......2350.00 !!!!!! Sorry don't know how to post here.....
  12. J

Electric mini bikes, you've got to be kidding

A few years ago there was a company offering a mini-bike driven by a 18V DeWalt drill. You took the drill and chucked it onto the bike and away you went. You could remove the drill and use it for.....drilling. I don't know if it is still up but they used to have a you-tube video of them running...
  13. J

Custom frames

Karen what size wheels and tires are on your bike??
  14. J

62 gator mini bike with title

When I bought my Cat 400x in 1969-1970 it came with a title, no lights, no brake lights. In fact I sold the title on OldMiniBikes.
  15. J

Need an ARCO wheel

Front or rear???
  16. J

defective rims or defective assembler?

A couple of things....if they are steel wheels check the parts that bolt together to see if they are flat and true. Second, like someone else mentioned check that the bearings are seated squarely in the wheels, third, does the diameter of the axle fit snugly in the wheel bearings, and finally...
  17. J

supercharging vs turbo

A turbo will make horse power easier than a supercharger. The turbo uses the exhaust gas to spin the turbine, which is free, where with the supercharger the engine itself spins the supercharger to make boost , so it takes some horsepower to spin the supercharger. I believe that the hardest...
  18. J

5HP briggs tank on a 3.5 HP briggs

I have both tanks and the 3.5hp tank is shorter than the 5hp but they will bolt up. The only draw back is that the 3.5hp pick up won't go to the bottom of the 5hp tank.
  19. J

picked up a ct70

A local bike shop has a 4 speed one for sale for $2500.00 I wish I had the coin, they sure are nice. Good luck with yours. I can remember back in the 80's you could buy them for 3-400 bucks. Sorry I didn't stock up on them!!!!
  20. J

Vintage cat chopper cheap

Don't forget the original kickstand either!!! I kinda like it !!