Search results

1. JTsmks

Son's intro

My son asked for a profile here and I figured it would be OK since most here are kind hearted and not of the "mean" variety. He's under the name Jagboy and has a very nice Manco Thunderbird we rescued and restored from the ground up (6.5 clone) and a DB30. He'll be along sometime today I'm...
  2. JTsmks

My buddy has this 4 sale I think I wan't it

I'd pass on that POS for $100, keep looking.
  3. JTsmks

Header Wrap

I'm going out on a limb here and assuming you let the paint "cure" PRIOR to applying the header wrap? Otherwise you are indeed the "lucky" one. One should allow the header paint to fully get to temp and then let sit for awhile prior to wrapping.
  4. JTsmks

best price for DB30?

DON'T PAY THE SET-UP FEE!!!!!!!!! Tell them you want it IN THE CRATE they do not know what they are doing and are over charging for set-up. I refused to pay it and insisted on a crated bike so they had one sent from another store.
  5. JTsmks

Chain tension

It is NOT usually that big of a deal and is common on just about every motorcycle I have ever owned (spring loaded tensioners take some of this out on minis). Remember most maintenance manuals say to check chain tension at several spots and adjust to the "tightest" spot in the chain. Make...
  6. JTsmks

chain tensioner

I bought the spring with it but couldn't use it on the project we were doing BUT I ground the boss the spring fits on and mounted it solid and it did the trick...very versatile. Tractor Supply Company - Baja Motorsports Chain Tensioner Assembly
  7. JTsmks

Can anyone ID this Engine?

Neat info here... Quarter Midget archive: Engine Page:
  8. JTsmks

I thought I'd try a go ped

My son has one of these, too small a front wheel and a forward cg landed him a shattered forearm and snapped off both front teeth. I kept him off it for a year and set the throttle back but now it sits in the shed and we ride the mini's.
  9. JTsmks

Thumbs down on BMI parts

I just received a large shipment from BMI in two boxes and everything was packaged fine, shipping fast and cost were good. Don't EVER e-mail and get mad for no responce...thats like calling an answering machine and leaving an important message the getting mad because there was no reply. Mail...
  10. JTsmks

First Build

I just purchased and used one of those Tractor Supply tensioners on my son's T-bird rebuild w/6.5 and it worked the trick great for $10 whole dollars. Nice bike coop!
  11. JTsmks

Rupp Parts guy is not returning my calls

If your going to be in BUSINESS....you'd better take care of BUSINESS...or soon you'll be OUT OF BUSINESS....cheap parts or not if the service SUCKS it just plain SUCKS. I'd rather spend more for better service then to save a buck just to put up with frustration...time is money!
  12. JTsmks

cylinder shaped tanks !!

You mean an auto A/C accumulator. An evaporator as a tank would look HUGE and silly!:smile:
  13. JTsmks

Rupp Parts guy is not returning my calls

If you treat people like that and delay their shipping....you won't be busy for long!
  14. JTsmks

Baja Doodle Bug 30. To buy or not to buy.

The "lifan" 6.5's are ava at Harbor Frieght for around $130. Me and my son (12yr old) are putting one in a Manco T-bird and I can tell you it's no problem at all. His DB30 will be next and I'll let him do that one mostly on his own with some "over the shoulder" supervision. The engine will...
  15. JTsmks

Harbor Freight Engine

My local HF has never had them for $159...sure the sign says "regularly $159" but they are ALWAYS on sale for $129. 15% off coupon gets it out the door here for $118 after tax!
  16. JTsmks

super bronc fork bushings?

Sorry, at first glance I thought you meant neck bushings
  17. JTsmks

Clone throttle question

Thanks everyone! We got the HF engine because I was tired of "fiddleing" with the old Tecumseh that it came with. Now if the #$%*#ing TS Fay would leave I could dry out and get to painting the frame!
  18. JTsmks

Clone throttle question

Yep,fired her up on the garage floor and that all worked fine...however...the governer is "hunting" as the throttle is applied and continues to hunt at full throttle...is this because there is no-load on the engine/shaft?
  19. JTsmks

Clone throttle question

GTO, thanks for the info but that still doesn't answer my question. On the DB#) the "throttle' on top of the car is manipulated open and closed with the hand throttle and the while running the gov bring the carb throttle towards closed. On the clone the "throttle" on top of the carb is always...
  20. JTsmks

Clone throttle question

OK, I've got a new 6.5 HF, Lifan clone and I pulled the air box off to look at how to hook up my throttle when it's mounted and I noticed that in the "idle" position the black butterfly on top of the carb is in the WOT position and when I move the throttle arm to WOT nothing really moves. At...