Search results

1. K

two 1970 Speedway Silver Shadow's lighted and non-lighted

Start a new thread with pics. Welcome aboard.
  2. K

Small CAT Roller

D*mn shame at that!
  3. K

Small CAT Roller

That's nice. It almost looks like it could be a late model 250X. You were real close to getting the serial # in that one pic that would tell us what year that is. I've never seen a blue 250X but it appears to be the factory paint. Can you post the serial #?
  4. K

Doodlebug governor

Looks like wrong spring and linkage if it's supposed to be like the pic DaddyJohn posted. Check the model# on the engine and look up the parts for comparison. You may get away with shortening that long section to the right end of that piece you have. That may be what's hanging it all up. Look...
  5. K

B.A.T. is rocking this week

:( was there anything left that was CAT 250X?
  6. K

I got this like kill switch with my frame do y’all think it can be restored or nah

Scare away? Nah, just giving him a heads up on what to expect. Sticker shock is high these days can catch you off guard. I thought I gave him some decent information to work with, wtf?
  7. K

I got this like kill switch with my frame do y’all think it can be restored or nah

^ What he said. ^ The term "restore" gets like, tossed around like, a lot these days... when what really happened was a can of spray paint and a predator 212 engine from Hobo Freight. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but that isn't a restoration. You can drop $3k into a full CAT...
  8. K

Need help identifying this frame

What kind it was? The kind that's going to make you cry when you start trying to find the parts to put it back together.... If that is the factory color, looks like a '74 CAT Slingshot frame. The two decals on it should still be legible. One on front fork panel, then the one on the rear frame...
  9. K

Tecumseh minibike manufacturer's engine list ?

Yes, good info. I asked about this a while back and never got an answer to the inquiry. Where would a lowly Tecumseh enthusiast be able to access this information for his personal use without having to beg and bother someone for it every time they needed it?
  10. K

Crankshaft drill and tap

Same.
  11. K

HS50 throttle response and backfiring after rebuild???

Are you speaking of the spring retainer? Buy a new one. Check that your valves are seating properly and the clearance is set to spec.
  12. K

HPE Muskin Cat minibike factory and tooling.

There you go. 1969, first year offered, as FWS states. I believe I mentioned that when you first posted the pics in your build thread. Very nice build Steve.
  13. K

Crankshaft drill and tap

Output is 1" OD. Make it a slip fit and it will be plenty close enough for that job. The crank is already factory center drilled. What he needs to do is determine what size bolt he wants to use. Most of them use 5/16-24.
  14. K

Just finished the build.

What rear shock is that?
  15. K

Yessir. I would say with the exact same model #, and a serial # as close together as our engines are it might be a Silver Cloud like mine. Very similar to a Rupp Roadster. I sent you a message about it a few weeks ago. Cool little bike.
  16. K

Have you looked at the Serial # to determine the dom?
  17. K

Crankshaft drill and tap

Yes, the factory center drilled hole will serve you well to get it centered. 5/16-24 is common bolt size for this.
  18. K

Did you ever figure this one out? That is the same model# as the engine on my 1972(?) Silver Cloud. This bike looks mysteriously like a Rupp Roadster chassis with slight difference throughout the whole bike. Round headlight instead of rectangular. Tank is different shape. Seat is different...
  19. K

Do you realize what you're asking? You're going to have to scour for parts just like everyone else looking for these rare parts are doing. Nobody has a magic wand here. Find the big Cat bike collectors that have parts for sale. A lot of this went up for sale from the original collectors from 20...