2. J

You know it's time to move the cows when

You wake up in the morning to this.
  3. J

Farm Hog is gettin it done

Was herding cows earlier. :D
  4. J

Rivet marks on knockoff 30 series tav2 belt

I didn't notice the issue about 3 hourmeter's ago when I was testing different garter springs. That doesn't mean much being that I can be the least self aware person I know. Comet 203589 belt on knockoff 30 series tav2. Looks like it's riding a little low in the 6" driven. Middle spring hole...
  5. J

Pred. 212 missfire on pull start

A couple of days ago I started experiencing a missfire when pull starting. Typical for me is to turn gas on, full choke, pull start, as soon as I hear rpm's start to drop from full choke I turn choke off and ride off. When the problem started I'd pull start, nothing, 2nd pull, Pow, 3rd pull...
  6. J

30 series driver weights weight ?

I seem to be having a mental malfunction. :eek: When I took apart my driver and weighed the weights (say that 3 times fast) individually, 1 weighed 144 grams the other 142. I fixed that, but, it was at that time that I assumed that I had the chinese knockoffs of the Comet 146.8 gram weights...
  7. J

Tav2 30 series Comet and clone flyweight weight and spring engagement?

I had read on older posts that the flyweights on chinese cvts could have a decent amount of weight difference between them so I decided to weigh mine. I found a 2 gram difference, 1 is 144g, the other 142g. I'm going to balance them out, not that I think that 2 grams makes any difference, have...
  8. J

Steer this way

9. J

Evolution r185sms+

Sparkwizard asked for a pic of the saw I bought for my build, so I thought I would throw this in the tool section because after a search I didn't see any other reference to it. I'm not trying to push this, it's what I decided to buy and it works great for me. This was the only project specific...
  10. J

New member Project Farm Hog

Good evening, My name is Jim, 62, retired electrician. I live on 10 acres in Grimes county, Texas. About a year ago I decided I wanted something to tool around the fence line and across the pasture and what passes for my neighborhood, my closest neighbors are my in-laws about a 1/4 mile away. I...