Search results

1. N

Lil' Indian serial numbers

Thanks for bring this back up to the top! I just walked out and searched all the nooks and crannies of my frame again and still had no luck with finding a serial of any sort. Mine must have been a kit bike, or some other permutation that didn't warrant a serial number...
  2. N

First Mini Bike

Absolutely cool! About the same time, but that summer, My grandfather and I went into the town of Cook, MN. to the marina to buy some shear keys for the boat at the cabin. As we walked out there was a line of used and abused mini bikes for sale. My grandpa asked if I would like one... Heck...
  3. N

Cat...Maybe?!

I'm going to bump this back up again, as I never found out what era it was from. Any ideas? I hate to ask, but what about value? I'm thinking of list this one in the classifieds and getting my Wren or Lil' Indian up and going...
  4. N

Help with Astro wheel

I thought I'd show this pict. If you click on it a time or two it will get big enough to kinda see whats going on. Look at the back wheel and where it is attached to the sprocket and you will see the simple "stand offs" I had machined to work for the is deal. Cheap and it worked great! I wish I...
  5. N

Lil Indian Questions ....

Cool! Well here is what I came up with. It is a AirHeart Mechanical caliper made for a go kart application. I built the mount, milled the backing plate about 1/4", milled the backing plate's pad about the same, too. I don't have the anchor made yet but I think you guys can get the idea. Oh, the...
  6. N

If there is any interest on this thread I'll post a couple pictures of my AirHeart caliper/disc set up on my Lil' Indian. Otherwise, would I be better off to start a new thread?
  7. N

Help with Astro wheel

I don't have any pictures to share, but I handled the same problem a couple of years ago by machining five 7/8" stand offs about 2 1/4" long and a standard non-drilled 60 tooth sprocket that I drilled to the Astro's five lug pattern. You do have to have access to a machine shop to do it, and I...
  8. N

AirHeart brakes are still alive and with us! I was in Tempe AZ at their facility there about ten years ago and picked this caliper up in person. They have since moved up to Minnesota, but just google them and you can find them pretty easily.
  9. N

I've been all over this frame wiping the ugly off of it and getting it back to where it is now. No signs of a number on the axle plates on either side. I see no signs of the foot bar being modified at all, either. Cool, I guess that gets me closer to knowing what I have. Thanks guys!
  10. N

Here it is so far...
  11. N

I noticed this morning that mine has it's foot bar outside of the frame eve though I believe it's not bushed. Still no card for my camera, I've been busy out ridin' with my friends...
  12. N

I'm so used to snapping pictures of everything while I work due to my involvement with the H.A.M.B., but unfortunately my camera's card is full and I just haven't had time this week to get out and get a new one. I have to have this one to full roller status for a get together at my place Sunday...
  13. N

Ya, I even checked on the inside of the plate, too. Nothing. Another thing that was bugging me about this frame is the fact that it looks almost like it was made in sections instead of continous bent side pieces, and it all seems to be gas welds. I remeber from the company history that I...
  14. N

Hi folks, If I have read all the stuff around here correctly, I think I understand that Lil' Indian products had serial numbers. I have seen two possistions for them, the engine plate, and the right rear axle plate. I just finished stripping my Lil' today with a coating removal disc that...
  15. N

Nice try Sunnyknoll! I think this little guy is going to stay with me. It's corrupted enough that it won't be strict resto, so it'll be the Lil hotrod. I ordered a set of ultra light Van K aluminum 5" wheel halfs yesterday, aluminum hubs, and I think it will get an old mechanical disc brake...
  16. N

Kinda what I thought! 'Gonna look like I'm practicing for the circus no matter what!!!:drinkup:
  17. N

Kinda new guy from Phoenix

Hi gang! My name is Chip Quinn from Phoenix, AZ. I have been a lurker around these parts for quite some time but have just recently started posting. I'm sorry I didn't find the introduction post until now. I own a small Hot Rod shop specializing in custom louvering, chassis, plumbing...
  18. N

Cat...Maybe?!

COOL! Thank you guys. Any ideas of the era it was built in? I've never heard of Cal Kart invader...
  19. N

Cat...Maybe?!

I notice too that the Asuza forks use smashed tube technology at the ends, were as my bike has tube axle recepticles welded in like a CAT fork would have.
  20. N

Cat...Maybe?!

This is exactly what made me think twice about calling it a Cat...