Search results

1. P

1969 Rupp Roadster restore

Hey FAST Got 1-66 cont. and 2-68-69 tt500. Put clones on two of them,and they are great.Put new TEC. on one ,,it runs well but its no clone. Good luck. I've bought a lot of parts from different vendors to restore these minis,so if you have ques. just ask. Of course there are lots of guys here...
  2. P

randy

Randy you will be in our prayers here at home. My wife will put you on the local carmilitte monastary prayer list also. Pete
  3. P

Big!!Big!! Mistake

Hey smallbikes that would be great,cause i really like the band brake setup,just could not figure out how to rig it on the 2 speed clutch. Thanks pete
  4. P

Big!!Big!! Mistake

hey randy the sprocket ,drum setup is all in one. i have the drum brake,but its not a rupp....but i tried it first and cut the damm cable 3'' to short. so i went to plan B .i had a new band in the shop and no more cable so rigged the band...Now i''l have to get anothe brake cable and start...
  5. P

Big!!Big!! Mistake

Spent all afternoon setting up a band brake on my newest tt-500. Took it out for a test run,,went for the brakes,, and they would not respond.---Well i finally stopped using my good ole trusty tony lama boots.--started looking for the problem,,THEN I realilized that with a 2 speed clutch...
  6. P

Dip Stick Tube To Long

thanks randy,, you were absolutly correct, i went out to the shop and you were right. thanks a bunch. hey,, i''m stting up a two speed clutch/jackshaft setup on this one. should i expect a lot of noise from 3 chains spinning at the time. pete
  7. P

Dip Stick Tube To Long

randy i'll look at it closer in the a.m. ,,,but it looks like it one of those with and oring and pops in and out,,I hope you are correct,it would be an easy fix. and thanks for the quick reply. Hey you daughters mini bike looks great. pete
  8. P

Dip Stick Tube To Long

Just recieved a new flathead tec 5 hp. for my tt500. Its a snowblower type with a long dip stick tube sticking straight up and it just barley slips in the frame. Question??? Can i shorten it,,if so how? Are what are my alternitives?? thanks pete
  9. P

Tec. Serial numbers

can someone tell me what these numbers mean. 1.tec. tag on the block--sbh200e 3195f 2.tec. shroud stamp--hs 50 67001c ser.#9263b 3.tec. carb #---430 9j14 does all are any of these numbers give h.p. are if it was made for craftsman.just trying to find out exactly what i have on...
  10. P

rebuilding my kids mini CCS Charger

thanks for that info..mine sprung baddddd. now i've got some lining to do. thanks pete
  11. P

rebuilding my kids mini CCS Charger

Hey Randy How do you square the plate slots back to the bike frame are rear wheel. pete
  12. P

Deltek Deckson and Grand Prix downunder.

MCBOB how do you start it? i didn't see a pull cord or a kick start.
  13. P

Bird Parts

i bought some bird mfg. parts from and old rupp dealer now a bicycle shop the other day . all are in plastic bags and sealed. looks like clutch parts and brake shoes. has anyone heard of this mfg. the shop owner just about gave them to me ,,so i took them. pete
  14. P

Hi, NEWBIE here with an unknown bike!

el tigre--j.c.penny...looks like the seats been changed and not the orig. front end
  15. P

welding classes?

Strig the mig method for just about anything related to minibikes.The tig method can do all the same ,plus you can get into alloys as can the mig by changing gas and a roll of wire. the tig takes alot of practice but is very doable.i pipelined most of my life running stick and when i discoved...
  16. P

Allright who did it?????

Hey LOuie It was not me ,but i got tomahawked the last few seconds on the rusty RUPP. Man oh Man how do they do it.
  17. P

Advertising on OldMiniBikes

Do the auction HENT and maybe i want get tomahawked so damm often in the last seconds. HEY how do those guys do it anyway??Living in south louisiana ,news gets here slow.
  18. P

The member formally know as randyk72@verizon

Hey Randy My mom had to name me PETER. It was almost like the boy named SUE. I'm 51 yrs. and everyone i know calls me pete,,except mom. FIRST GRADE___PETER COTTON TAIL SIXTH GRADE___PETER DIC#--I learned how to fight!! SENIOR YEAR-----HEY PETE
  19. P

Advertising on OldMiniBikes

I belong to the STEEL GUITAR FORUM and when a guitar is sold ,there is a requaired amount sent by the sellar. Its only fair and HENT has sure been very giving to all here.
  20. P

Bonanza minibike

Shipping ,can be a little time consuming but with no shipping on this great looking bike 99% of us will run right pass it without a second thought.Of course its a another 100.00--150.00 for shipping.---Hope you sell and its a fine bike. Your work is excellant.