Search results

1. O

Taco 44 Rear Shocks Needed

Still in need.
  2. O

A Taco Story

Not only expensive but hard to even find for sale. I'm thinking I'll have to buy a roller at the very least with those shocks and maybe with a few other parts I need and then sell the rest.
  3. O

A Taco Story

Yea the plan I decided was to get it running like it is and take it to the minibike show next month but it turned out with more problems than I remember. Both front and rear wheel bearings are toast. The left rear bearing was popped out and the rear brake drum was hanging out. The front...
  4. O

A Taco Story

Thanks for the warm welcome I appreciate it. The huge debate in my head right now is to get it running and leave it the color I painted it all those years ago or make it new again like I remember it when my dad first brought it home.
  5. O

A Taco Story

Yes, he bought it new from the Steen shop on Valley Blvd. in Alhambra where we lived. I was only 4 years old at the time but I remember it being very shiny. lol The story on the yellow is this. I saved and saved and my dad kicked in the rest and we bought a 1975 YZ80. So he said you know you...
  6. O

A Taco Story

Sometime in 1968 my dad was driving up Valley Blvd in Alhambra Ca and he saw what he describes as a shop that looked like it was selling bicycles. On a closer look no they were little motorized bikes. We were in to off roading so he figured that would be a good vehicle to keep my sisters and I...
  7. O

Posted up my city, though in this day and age I rarely drive to pick up parts. I'll buy these shocks from anyone in any part of the world.
  8. O

Still looking and willing to buy a a roller to get these shocks.
  9. O

More info for my growing Taco knowledge. :thumbsup: Appreciate the offer Dave, those look to be in good condition. I've owned this 44 since it was new so I'm going to try and find original shocks if at all possible. I might have to buy a whole damn bike just to get the few parts I'm...
  10. O

I put struts on my 44 and went to straight drive when I was 12 and probably threw the shocks away don't remember. Any condition.
  11. O

Help Identifying This Seat

I was reading the sizes above it and this seat isn't any of those sizes. Then I saw at the very bottom of your pic it says 12" Ducktail. This seat is exactly 12". Does it show the width and height as well. Thanks for taking the time. :thumbsup:
  12. O

Thanks for the lead on the thread. Good thread read the whole thing. The seat I think your talking about is on page 6. Not the same though. Shaped differently. I'm going to try and contact the guy who sold it to me. He said it was an original Taco seat but doesn't look like it is. Maybe he'll...
  13. O

I think it would look good, period correct, but I'd rather see it go on the correct minibike. The search continues.
  14. O

Yes the staples do look newer than the wood and the wood looks newer than the cover. The cover itself is showing signs of age. Yellowing, fading and it's brittle. I wouldn't want to sit on this seat as I'm sure it would rip. Still not saying it's an original Taco cover though. If anybody...
  15. O

I know all you guys but you don't know me. :detective: I might not say much but I'm a long time Taco owner, since 1967. :thumbsup:
  16. O

That was fast. I looked at yours and thought mine isn't the same so mine isn't a Taco. But you say yours was copied off an original so it's very clean and fresh, different shade etc. I just bought this a few hours ago at a swap meet and the seller said it's an original Taco but you never...
  17. O

Any help would be appreciated.