1. Pudge

New to tote gotes

I bought a tote gote from my buddy who got me interested in these. He suggested I join this site. I don't know much but I'm looking forward to getting her running. I'm sure I'll be digging through the archives looking for advice. Does anyone know if this is a 404 or a 414? The tag is missing on...
  2. S

Tote Gote 404 clutch help

I was able to get the new to me 404 up and running and checked out a couple of other posts about a new belt. I went with the 203790 belt and it seems to be correct. I saw in another post that it should not idle without wanting to creep so I think I have to put a little more tension on the belt...
  3. M

Tote Goat model 404 belt

Working on a 1964 model 404 for a friend. I'm pretty sure the belt on it is not the correct size, as the clutch never disengages it. The clutch is clean and seems to work properly, and has a 3/4 inch width opening between the sheaves at the shaft. The belt that is on it now is .90 inches wide...
  4. Docdc

Just found a Tote Gote 404

I must be a hell of a guy. I went to Canfield car swap shop yesterday as there is a 74 year old man who loves the car swaps. He can no longer walk shows so I loaded up the golf cart and we spent the day there. Just as a preface, it seems like we NEVER see Tote Gotes in Ohio. Low and behold in...
  5. JohnnyTillotson

Clinton timing model 404

So I had no spark on this Clinton model 404. I changed the points, condenser and coil. Before I close it all up and give her a tug, i thought hey I didnt time this sucka. I had to remove the magneto to get the new coil on as it would not slide on so close to the fins. But it doesnt turn the...
  6. JohnnyTillotson

Clinton Model 404 alive!

And sounding sweet. Listen to that rev. https://youtu.be/CuYGwXyFyVI Came right on line when i installed an nos wabro LMG 106 I had found on ebay. Thats actually more carb than it needs as it was for a 6 HP Tecumseh. But ill keep it on this i think. Next I'll give it nice paint job...
  7. My TOTEGOTE 404

My TOTEGOTE 404

8. My TOTEGOTE 404

My TOTEGOTE 404

Serial #1970 Model #404
  9. Squisherton

Anyone in the ATL/ GA area?

Just trying to figure out who's in the area and if there are any regular meeting spots?:shrug: