1950s or early 60s Go Kart

Here is a bare frame of a go kart that belonged to my older brother's ex brother-in-law. He's dead now but was born about 1950, 49, 48?. I'm figuring the kart is late 50s or early 60s. All I have is the frame. When I was a kid in the later 60s, I thought it was the Koolest thing ever. The frame is drilled and adjustable for length. I've had it for about 40 years now. Forgot I even had it till I was cleaning out some old buildings on our farm. Not sure what I'll do with it. It's heavy and I have other plenty of other projects. I liked my brother's ex brother-in-law, so I'm not really anxious to sell it. It may just hang on the wall of my shop for décor. OR, who knows, someone with a good enuf deal might be the new owner one day. Does anyone have any idea what it is or maybe a closer year on it? Thanks for any help. If nobody knows anything, I won't lose any sleep over it because I know it's a LOOONNNNNG shot finding out any info on it. Later, Tim.

Actually I was thinking it was worth 3 :laugh::laugh::laugh: Don't short change me. I need all the credit I can get, even when it's for stupidity. :laugh: I guess I could restore the kart back to kind of a 50/60s style, but I'm too lazy. It's hard enuf for me to get things finished without making them more difficult. Although I do remember a lot of talk about chainsaw powered go karts back then. That was the "Big Deal" in my little circle of motorized knowledge.

I'm thinking it might take a "master" for this one. I don't ever remember seeing one like this, even as a kid in the 60s. It looks "too" professionally built for me to think someone built/put it together at home.

WOW! The internet is an amazing thing connecting people and information together like it does. That is definitely it. I never thought to check You Tube. Those short axles and spindles really "threw me" when I first got it. I couldn't find any "normal" wheels that were narrow enuf to fit it. I can see why, now. Bet it would ride rough with those narrow hard rubber wheels/tires. Thank you so much for info. Tim.

I think it is a David Bradley Kart. Had one when I was a kid and could never get it to work right. One pedal is for a belt tension-er pulley and I could never figure out if it was to tension or untension the belt. Sold it for 25$ back in the day.

I realize that I'm telling my age about this go kart, but some of you other old geezers need to be careful so that the forum doesn't find out what kind of Antiques you really are!:laugh::001_tt2::laugh: Of course I don't give a fat rats rear-end about my age or who knows it. Talk to ya'll later, my 24 year old girlfriend is calling me. OK I take that last statement back, I know nobody here believes it. :shrug: