1960's Gilson/Wards Delux dbl springer. Fully Restored and FAST.

It took me a few years to get this bike restored. It does 50mph with a 160lb rider. Here are a few details;

-Powder coated frame, satin black.
-TIG welded, stainless steel "casket" gas tank.
-TIG welded entire front fork assy. The forks are solid chrome moly and have been machined to fit the upper half of the handle bar/fork assembly.
-The motor is a 5hp Techumseh with a kei hin slide carb from a honda dirt bike. It rips. Super smooth and Instant throttle response, none of that crappy, sputtery stuff like a typical go cart Motor. I took the governor off and the motor LOVES the carb. It runs very strong.
-Front and Rear cable drive disc brakes. You need em.
-New tires and tubes.
-2 piece aluminum pocket bike wheels. New bearings in both.
-Working lights, they are 6v bulbs, and there is a hidden lantern battery under the seat to run em. The lights are also 60s vintage. The back Acorn blinks after being on for ten seconds, but i was going to make it work off the brakes.
-The brake lever and foot lever are hand made, the foot brake rides on skateboard bearings and is very smooth.
-I hand forged several other detail parts on the bike. Cable ferrals, peg pins, the main neck bolt...they are actual hand forged parts.

Its probably the fastest Gilson in the country:-D And it looks cool, people eyeball me everywhere i ride it. There are more details that i left out, but all i can say is that it's built well, i didnt cut any corners. I'm a welder and fabricator, it took me a few years, but I gave this bike the royal treatment. I have an ad up on Denver Craig's if you'd like more details. Of course you can PM me as well.

I'm asking 800 obo, as i have a lot of time and love into it. I'm flexible on price, but not much. The bike is in Denver, we can arrange for pick up or delivery depending on your location.

Thanks for looking!:)

Last edited:
Thanks:scooter: I think brakes are under rated, and most mini bikes I've seen are kind of lacking on brakes:scared:

I love the icons in this forum.lol