1972 snow runner

Don’t know if Iam allowed to post this? It’s kinda a minibike in the snow. 1972 snow runner made by chysler corporation. They started out making them for the Milatery but was not that good in deep powdery snow so they didnt get a contact. then they offered them to us civilians. chrysler was going into bankruptcy and hope it would help them survive and they were cheaper than a snowmobile. the frame is made of aluminum and the frame is the gas tank. cant waite to get it running and ride it. Hope you enjoyed seeing it. thanks for looking. and have a healthy week!!!!

Attachments

Joe, I have a Sno-runner and it is a total blast to ride around in the snow! There was a high output muffler offered for them that perks them up quite a bit but they are few and scarce to find.

Joe, I have a Sno-runner and it is a total blast to ride around in the snow! There was a high output muffler offered for them that perks them up quite a bit but they are few and scarce to find.
Hello there thanks for the info. How long have you had yours and how is your drive chain paddles. Mine are all broke due to dryness I even have a brand new one and it is also hard and brittle. I know there are solutions you can soak rubber in to make them plyable again. i know the engines were really restricted in there days. igot a lot of brand new parts with it also. mostly engine. thanks for replieing. joe cuyahoga falls ohio

They're cool,My friend has one of those and a Sno-Bunny. They look the same
Yes from what I read a company bought the rest of them from Chrysler Corp. and halved the price and put there stickers over the original snow runner one. So those would be the rest of the end of them. Chrysler Corp was going bankrupt and they thought this would help save them. Go figure. And they flopped with the military and they were a lot cheaper than a snow mobile and they could fit in your trunk. Thanks for the reply. Joe

Addicted 2 Minis

They were also sold under the Echo name but I think the Echo ones had a different engine. I had a chance to buy two of them 30 years ago for $500 for the pair but passed on them, now I wished I bought them. The Westbend 820 has potential to easily make 15HP but would probably tear up the track on one of these with anything over 10HP.

1584559687505.png

what a neat bike!
The Echo brand is first rate and I have been using one of their chain saws for 45 years now and it always starts, one of the best investments I have ever made.

They were also sold under the Echo name but I think the Echo ones had a different engine. I had a chance to buy two of them 30 years ago for $500 for the pair but passed on them, now I wished I bought them. The Westbend 820 has potential to easily make 15HP but would probably tear up the track on one of these with anything over 10HP.

View attachment 259029
Yes I have a friend that sent all the break down of that 820. He has used these engines on go karts for years and said it real easy to get them up where they were suppose to be years ago. They deliberately tuned them down when the safety standards made them. They were even told to put brakes and brake lights on them. The snowmobile company’s did not like them because they were cutting in on there sales. And I two passed this little jewel up another the time you did and have been lookin for a long time to get one with out the crazy price. Got lots of brand new in the box parts also. Thanks for the complements. And stay healthy in the coming days!!!! Joe

That thing is friggen awesome, I would love to have one of those !!
Well it took me over 30 years to find this one with out the crazy price just keep your eyes open and be patience. Big thing now is to just stay well in the coming days. Thanks for looking and hope you enjoyed the pictures. Joe Cuyahoga fall’s oh.

Hello there thanks for the info. How long have you had yours and how is your drive chain paddles. Mine are all broke due to dryness I even have a brand new one and it is also hard and brittle. I know there are solutions you can soak rubber in to make them plyable again. i know the engines were really restricted in there days. igot a lot of brand new parts with it also. mostly engine. thanks for replieing. joe cuyahoga falls ohio
Joe, I have had mine for 3 years and put new a track on it last winter. The paddles are super hard rubber. Don't ride on roads, driveways or the lawn, that will ruin the paddles, use it on snow only!!!