1974 Yamaha YZ80A Making time for this project. Hard bike to find these days!!

I had a Yz80 in that era when I was a kid. I can't remember the exact year but it looked exactly like yours just Yellow. I also had MX80's, Kdx80's, DS80's from the 1970's and 1980's. I am 43 years old now and have been looking back at the sentimental things in my child hood that made me happy. Good looking bike BTW. The only old bikes I have now are 1970's Indian 50cc MM5A's. I have 3 of them. My original from my childhood is missing some parts. Lately I've been on a mission to find them.

Thanks for the great memory reply. This 1974 version is the first year of the Yz80. The bike went to a yellow color the next year. I'll be 61 in January so I was from the day of Honda SL70's and Yamaha GT and MX 80's. I would love to have a 50cc Indian so you are still a lucky guy! Have a great day! Dan.

The early '70s Mini-cycles were cool, I've gathered up a few from my childhood (JT-1 Mini Enduro, Steen 100 MX, XR-75). Remember seeing the first one of these YZ80s in the Yamaha booth at the Motocycle Expo in San Antonio in '73, had a huge crowd around it. It took a really hopped up XR-75 to stay in front of these on the track. Have fun with your restoration. yz250a1.JPG Here's a pic of its big brother that I picked up.

Thanks, I just love the color and "swoosh" logo of the 74 bikes. Yes, just found a throttle cable, $65.00 but happy I finally found one. I'll post more pictures as I take it down. Lot's of rusty nuts and bolts (-: Have a Merry Christmas!

Attachments