1975 Sears Catalog

I'd look at those pages for hours just dreaming. Mini bikes, go karts, and I used to look at the football jackets for some reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I politely explained to another family member that for just a few dollars I can send away on ebay for old catalogs like yours. All of a sudden, I'm in trouble. Again. :laugh:

Cool , I paid 10 bucks for one page of 1969 Sears catalog to get my Pinto ad , took it to Hobby Lobby and had it matted and framed in black and orange to match the bike !

Ray, thanks for posting the scans. I can sure relate to the comments here for the well worn pages of the Sears catalogues. I'd tear off the ads and shove them in my pocket and carry them around until they disintegrated.

The "Dream Book". We looked at those minibikes so much, you could just flip the catalog and it would open to those exact pages! Of course whenever we went to Sears' JC Penney's or Montgomery Wards (hell, Ruttman's store was right down the street from my cousin's house where we were regulars!) it was right to the minibike/go kart section, where mom knew where to find us and would start on the 'now you boys don't start asking me for anything...." Took me almost to my dang fifties to get my first minibike!

Last edited:
My Sears Catalog is from fall/winter of 1965 It has Motor Scooters and Motor Cycles but no mini bikes or Karts.
What sure smacks you right in the face is all the repair parts and rebuilt parts and how sadly we have become such a throw it away society and value so little .
But here we are the restorers and researchers of by gone days. I say it's great to be a OldMiniBikes member.
Steve :scooter:

Thanks for posting these old pages, as a youth this was a dream catalog !!! :thumbsup: Telling Mom how I would like to have the two seater go kart for Christmas. She always told me maybe old Santy might bring you one this Christmas. I never did get it that kart..... but I could always dream about it !:wink:

Last edited: