2 Generators CL finds

1EYE

Hello again all from my garage lol, well gents and ladies I found 2 items on CL that i was not looking for but it seemed like such a good deal that i coouldnt let it pass. Cutting to the chase I got 2 generators for the CL seller both were not running at the time and from what the seller has told me they have not been running for awhile. Ok let me tell you about these generators...

1st Generator

Robin RGV2800 RGV 28023 1104176
6.0hp Subaru EH17 engine
AC Voltage 120v-19.2a
AC Output MAX = 2800Va RATED = 2300Va
DC 12V-8.3A
Frequency 60Hz

FUJI HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD. MADE IN JAPAN

2nd Generator

Zeus
PRECISION BUILT CLINTALLOY CAST IRON
3.5hp Clinton engine
Ser 7824424 C
Model V3100 2107

MFD BY CLINTON ENGINES CORP. MAQUOKETA, IOWA U.S.A.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Model GC125
Ser 4250
Output 1.25KW

WESTERN BRANCH
PESCO PRODUCTS DIVISION
BORG-WARNER CORP
BURBANK, CALIFORNIA
PAT 2,485,474 PAT.PENDING

Ok now the 2nd generator has 2 plates 1 on the engine, and the other on the generator so i placed the --- line between the 2 note they are on the same unit though as seen in the pics.

Now for the history of how they came to me, well its yet another CL search gone wrong lol or maybe right lol. Ok well its also another case of money burning a hole in my pocket, so again i was just looking around my local CL bored and I came across this add the seller wanting to sell his vintage generator for cheap because he could not get it to run. Darn CL it again got that bug bite going again, so I called the seller and setup a time that i could come out and look at it. We agreed on me going out there that day after work np for me I was more than happy to go seeing how i knew i wanted to try and get this vintage project up and running again, when I got to his place he opened his garage and I went in and saw the little generator sitting ontop of another generator note the seller was asking 50 bucks for the little thing so after talking with him a sec or 2 I got the price down to 30 bucks with the come back that well if i cant get it to run i just lost 30 bucks the seller went with that so the deal was made. As I started to grad the little gen to leave the garage I asked about the other generator and the seller also said that that 1 was for sale also and he wanted 150 for it and it also di not run and it last ran over a year before he put it up in his garage, also just too let you know the little gen was salvaged from a old school camper by the seller out of a late 50's model camper he also said he was never able to get that little thing to run and it was sitting in the garage for over 12 years. So without any delay and note that both looked in better than good condition with all original parts, I pulled both dogs to feel compression yep they felt good so without anymore talk i asked him would he be willing to let me take both for a 100 bucks mind you as i was asking him this question i was counting out the cash in front of him cash rules right. Guess what guys and ladies :deal: my evil plan went through and the seller went for the cash I was more than happy with this and started to load my truck as fast as i could before he changed his mind or for that matter even thought 2 lol. When I got both of them back home to my lab I satarted the taredown process I have never worked on any generators before but like I said befor I tinker with the best of them lol, after getting both down to parts I cleaned them and inspected my parts pile and to my suprise i didnt need to replace anything but there was about 8 tons of cleaning needed lol so here goes the work:hammer::thumbsup:. I noticed i went off on another rant oops, so I got them both back together and the Robin ran like a top after I got it adjusted it startes on the 1st pull every time with no issue YES, now I did manage to get the Zeus to run also after i got it together also but I didnt have a bowl seal to replace the old 1 that was way far past anything good, so I just put it together without it just to check it out, well it ran also like a top, and it even ran all that day another YES. Ok now the issue or so I thought or think I ran it then turned the little thing off later that day and put them both back into my garage, the next day i decided that I wanted to run them again just to make sure it was not a fluke right :shrug: well the Robin was no problem it started and ran like a top again, but that darn :censure: Zues lol didnt start so I was thinking that darn it its that dang carb uuuuggggg. Im glad to say this time it was user error lol darn user lol I ran it out of fuel lol the day before. Well guys thats my rant for the day now I will get back to work on my Super Bronc thx for listening:pimp:...

1EYE

And these pics are them as I just put them in my garage before the fun started lol...
Any info that is know or that can be given about that little Zeus Clinton generator would be very helpful I cant seem to find a thing about it I would llove to have its service, parts just any manual or anything in paper of info in general on this this like the date made ect thx all for looking...:thumbsup: