2 Vintage Snow Blowers For Engines?

The one on the left looks like a Jacobsen 2 cycle J321. I would be all over those two!
EDIT: It is definitely a Jacobsen. Hard to find, very nice two stroke.
Are they within your range?

Last edited:
For 12 bucks, how can you go wrong.
If you can get them and decide you don't want that rusty old smoky obsolete Jacobsen, I will buy the engine and pay shipping.:)
PS It says 3.5 horsepower. My big one says 3.0 High Torque. Never seen a 3.5.

hermans13

Sparkwizard, The seller just replied. He said that the engines are not frozen. I asked if they are sunk into the mod and if I can get my small trailer close to them for loading. I will try to get there one day next week. I'll keep you posted.

You will be surprised at how cool that big Jake engine is. I honestly don't need it, but can't stand to see a complete one get crushed. Not sure what to do with mine. The mounting base is pretty big. Might put a big mounting plate on a small kart.

Last edited:
@hermans13 , I do not need any new projects. I just hate to see great old engines go to the melting pot.
Those big Jacobsen 2 strokes are strong, smooth engines.
What I meant was if you get them and decide for some unforeseeable reason that you do not want the old Jacobsen, I would buy it from you.
I have two of them, now and I still haven't decided what to do with them.
One of them is currently spinning an alternator to charge batteries. It is really just so I can hear it run.

sparkwizard,, I heard from the seller this morning. I will be picking them up in January. I just replaced my utility vehicle and now have to get a trailer hitch to tow my trailer. In the mean time, wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year

sparkwizard, Update: Yesterday I installed the trailer hitch, today I plan on installing the trailer wiring into my vehicle.
Tomorrow afternoon, Thursday (1/4) I plan on picking the snow blowers.
I will keep you advised.

I picked up the snow blowers on Thursday. The seller offered another snow blower that had a 5hp Briggs for $5 (I believe medium size frame). Took the 3 engines off yesterday and took the rest to the metal recycler. I will take pictures and share them with you later today. I'm prepping for the snow that is forecast to start this afternoon and end tomorrow.