2003 cadilac CTS 45,000 mi

dirt

in 6 months I have spent over $3000.00 in the engine alone . most of it labor
the engine must be taken apart to do anything
O2 sensor and 1 spark plug $ over 900.00 it was all labor
a thermostat ,internal , in the engine block $800.00 all labor
a second thermostat 3 days later. free . it was faulty
today a cam shaft sensor and the main computer $1300.00

and they had the balls to try to sell my wife tires.

Last edited:

maddcarson

Thats the thing with newer cars. Wayyy to many sensors and they design them to be a pain to replace so that you will take it to the dealer to fix.. Rat Bastards

05 Lincoln Avaitor

I bouth the Lincoln and havent had a problem but i know folks have had worse luck then me with all kinds of problems in the eng. trans and awd. I just pray over it and its worked so far. My buddy has the same caddy as you and has had lots of problems. Some of the same issues your having it all happened 7 months after he bought from a private seller with no warranty. And he sunk alotta cash into it. Buy after a few grand he hasnt has anymore problems with it. so with any luck maybe it wont cause you anymore headache. Good LUCK!!!:thumbsup:

in 6 months I have spent over $3000.00 in the engine alone . most of it labor
the engine must be taken apart to do anything
O2 sensor and 1 spark plug $ over 900.00 it was all labor
a thermostat ,internal , in the engine block $800.00 all labor
a second thermostat 3 days later. free . it was faulty
today a cam shaft sensor and the main computer $1300.00

and they had the balls to try to sell my wife tires.
How much is the labor rate per hour at repair shop?

catfishman

we have a 2003 dodge caravan with 77,000 miles the computer went out a couple weeks ago, they warranty the computer for 8 years or 80,000 miles, well we bought it in feb of 2003, so we were s.o.l cost $580 for computer plus $45 to install and $45 to program, and tax total $720. that really sucked.

i've got a Mercedes E55 AMG and shit is not cheap for it. i've got Service B coming up, need brakes ($800+ just in parts for the brakes), plug wires (16 of them), front wheel bearings and a rear camber kit install. labor costs me next to nothing since a friend of mine works at an indy shop but shit is still hahahahaing expensive with this car.

i dropped $700 on maintenance stuff a couple of months ago that would have been $3,000+ at normal shop rate.

when it comes to tires i bought the cheapest "decent" ones i could find (Nitto NT555, 19" wheels are the bastard size too) and it cost me $1000 for those and i'll get 15,000-20,000 out of them. i've got way too much negative camber on the rears right now due to the car being lowered and it's eating through the inside of them pretty quick. the camber kit will take care of that though.

once this current round of maintenance stuff is done i should be good to go for the next 8,000 miles or so unless something breaks. i just have to keep telling myself that my car was $80,000 new (back in 2001) and it has the maintenance to match. it's worth it though. :laugh:

/you get no sympathy from me

Last edited:
i've got a Mercedes E55 AMG and shit is not cheap for it. i've got Service B coming up, need brakes ($800+ just in parts for the brakes), plug wires (16 of them), front wheel bearings and a rear camber kit install. labor costs me next to nothing since a friend of mine works at an indy shop but shit is still hahahahaing expensive with this car.

i dropped $700 on maintenance stuff a couple of months ago that would have been $3,000+ at normal shop rate.

when it comes to tires i bought the cheapest "decent" ones i could find (Nitto NT555, 19" wheels are the bastard size too) and it cost me $1000 for those and i'll get 15,000-20,000 out of them. i've got way too much negative camber on the rears right now due to the car being lowered and it's eating through the inside of them pretty quick. the camber kit will take care of that though.

once this current round of maintenance stuff is done i should be good to go for the next 8,000 miles or so unless something breaks. i just have to keep telling myself that my car was $80,000 new (back in 2001) and it has the maintenance to match. it's worth it though. :laugh:

/you get no sympathy from me
I bet when you step out of it people are like :confused: :laugh: