212 too much?

So I got me an arco easy riderII for free and am putting it together for my kids.

Im wondering if the predator 212 is too much for this bike and my girls. I'm guessing this mini came with a 3 -5 hp engine?

Thanks

Chipper is right, I took a motovox mbx12 with a 97cc engine on it and added a PMR jackshaft , forgot sprocket ratios , forgive me but the little bike works great for me and my small 9 yr. old girl . It's not too fast but will go around 20 mph which just right, go with a 97cc or 3hp engine.

N-gin

As stated before the engines do have a governor, however the engine goes full throttle till it reaches the governor. It might be a little much. BUT if you put a throttle stop then you will only get the half throttle or what ever you put it at. That 212 can be as dosile as the 3hp, you just have to limit throttle opening.
Then if they grow up and will like to go a little fast the upgrade is as simple as a twist of a screwdriver.

Thanks for all the replies

I was originally going to go the 3hp route but my frugality got in the way seeing there is a $20 difference between the two motors. I think I'll go with the 212 and throttle stop set up.

212 Is WAY to much. For a comparison, my slightly modded 212 with TAV moves the Baja and my 230lbs to 40 in a flash!

One thing to remember is that even if you stop the throttle it will eventually catch the clutch and take off.

In the 60's the GTO was the fastest Pontiac with a 400. The Firebird had a throttle stop on carb. It would go as fast as GTO just took longer to get there.

Here is my nephew on a Fox Sprite with the 79CC PRE jackshaft. I installed the jackshaft and the bike is the same speed, but will now climb a hill etc..

N-gin

Throttle stop will limit engine power.
Governor will limit top speed.
So that Pontiac with a throttle stop and no governor will eventually get there. So will my POS neon at 1\4 throttle again no governor.