24mm Mikuni Carb

I was curious as to what type of intake manifold would work with a 24mm Mikuni Carb on my blue clone. Would I be able to use a modified animal intake or is there another option that is better? I found this offer on ebay will this manifold fit. I was mainly looking for a carb but stumbled across this package deal. Thanks in advance.

Nice thanks I ordered the 24mm one off of ebay. Does anyone have suggestions as far as jets go? Im not really experienced with tuning carbs. I know that the best jets vary from motor to motor I just wanted an idea so that I could maybe narrow down my jet choices.

you could get a set of jet drills. that way you can go up one size at a time and see how it does. if you have an extra jet you can go until you do too much and then re-drill the spare. if you do this, drill the jet by hand. you don't need a drill to do it.

i've got a bunch of jets sitting around for my carb just for that type of stuff.

24 mm carb

Morning
I was looking at this carb too,I did not see any adj.screws on it like the 22m has?? do u know if it has any?
thanx J

Ahh!kinda carb for Strigoi

you could get a set of jet drills. that way you can go up one size at a time and see how it does. if you have an extra jet you can go until you do too much and then re-drill the spare. if you do this, drill the jet by hand. you don't need a drill to do it.

i've got a bunch of jets sitting around for my carb just for that type of stuff.
I will get a mikuni,but why does the $30carb have no adj.scews on it,and the $65 have em,do u need em to fine tune??

I will get a mikuni,but why does the $30carb have no adj.scews on it,and the $65 have em,do u need em to fine tune??
that 24mm one has the same mixture screw on the side that my 22mm one has. it's the silver screw on the side in the first pic.

Last edited:
all these carbs are probably 22mm there measureing wrong the screw on the side is a hard idle stop the idle mixture is on the bottom and they have main and pilot jets in the bowl

125ccCrazy

The carbs do have mixture screws, the air screw is on the bottom of the carb inside that tube that sticks down along side the bowl....

The idle screw is on the side...

You can also adjust the C-clip position on the needle to lean or richen low to mid range..

The $65 carb your talking about is prob a VM22mm which is a much better carb, a true 22mm carb and is the one I'd suggest getting if you are going to build the engine, for a stock engine these cheap carbs will be good...

125ccCrazy;

The carbs do have mixture screws, the air screw is on the bottom of the carb inside that tube that sticks down along side the bowl....

The idle screw is on the side...

You can also adjust the C-clip position on the needle to lean or richen low to mid range..

The $65 carb your talking about is prob a VM22mm which is a much better carb, a true 22mm carb and is the one I'd suggest getting if you are going to build the engine, for a stock engine these cheap carbs will be good...
hey
thanx for clearing that carb adjustment stuff up!!

It is for a fuel pump. Inlet to tank, outlet to carb, and pulse port to your pulse fitting in the intake, crankcase, valve cover, whatever you decide.