250cc Suzuki Enduro question

I have this 1979 Suzuki Enduro with a 250 2-stroke on it that I have been foolin' around with for a couple days. I got it for $100! Anyway, I dont know much about these things and I had a couple questions that some of you guys might be able to answer.

1) There are two cables coming from the throttle. One goes into the carb and the other into a mystery thing on the back of the engine. What is that?

2) I was told there is an oil injection thing somewhere on the engine. I have no idea where it is though? The oil line was removed so I couldn't trace it back.

Thats all I really need to know right now. I will supplement with pictures when I get the chance. I learn pretty quick and I am an engine fanatic so I figured for a hundred bucks, what could be better?

Thanks in advance!

I have this 1979 Suzuki Enduro with a 250 2-stroke on it that I have been foolin' around with for a couple days. I got it for $100! Anyway, I dont know much about these things and I had a couple questions that some of you guys might be able to answer.

1) There are two cables coming from the throttle. One goes into the carb and the other into a mystery thing on the back of the engine. What is that?

2) I was told there is an oil injection thing somewhere on the engine. I have no idea where it is though? The oil line was removed so I couldn't trace it back.

Thats all I really need to know right now. I will supplement with pictures when I get the chance. I learn pretty quick and I am an engine fanatic so I figured for a hundred bucks, what could be better?

Thanks in advance!
On those suzuki's the throttle cable goes to the carb and oil injection pump.

Also on those suzuki's it can not be premixed and if your oil line is missing you need to get a manual and replace and service the pump.

It lubes your crank bearing which if premixed they will not get lubed and will seize.

So its safe to say that the mystery box is the oil injection pump. Interesting. I think it can be salvaged. The engine is in extravagantly good condition for how old it is. Thank you!

...The oil line was removed so I couldn't trace it back....
If the oil line is gone, you might have a big problem. On a lot of bikes you can disconnect the automatic oiler and run pre-mix, but not on Suzukis. Most auto lube systems just squirt oil into the intake tract, where is mixes w/the air and fuel before it all goes into the motor. But like Jessie said, on Suzukis it also feeds oil directly to the crankshaft bearings. A lot of Suzukis have been ruined by disabling the pump. Here's a diagram for a twin cylinder Suzuki. Identical to your bike, but with an extra cylinder's worth of parts.