3hp b&s carb/gov linkage...with a picture

Guys take a look at this photo. I've got a couple differnt linkages called out. Just need to clarify that I'm going about this the right way.

The green line shows the solid wire link between the throttle and gov.

The blue line will be the throttle control input - twist throttle

The red is (I believe supposed to be a spring) that makes the connection between the throttle input and the gov.

QUESTIONS

1. Are the above assumptions correct?
2. Green Line - What is the hoop in the wire rod for?
3. Where do I get that spring and can I make one out of my local hardware store's hittman supply stock?

Everything looks good as far as I can tell, that is how I used to have my 3hp set up until I removed the governor to get a few more revs out of it. Only thing that may mess with you is the spring, the shroud might rub up against it, what I did was make a little notch in the shroud on mine so there is no rubbing. :thumbsup:

Yes, that is all correct...

One thing to watch for will be the spring and solid link crashing into your blower housing.. It's kind of a tight squeeze in there.. Just make sure there's plenty of clearance and everything wiggles back and forth without getting into trouble, before you tighten the cover down and go try t out on the street..

this thread should half ass explain it all, but looks like you've got it covered.. :thumbsup:

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/b...-3-5-pulsejet-vaccujet-governor-throttle.html

jim210

The spring goes from the loop in the rod to the lever you hook your throttle cable to. You have the spring
line going to the air vane which is wrong. The spring determines the rpm so you need the correct spring. To light of a spring and you'll go to slow. To strong of a spring and it won't govern so you could have just removed the governor and hook the throttle up easier.