3hp briggs quickie project

this is on my bench,it ran but was very fouled up,and had side cover leakage.so I tore it apart today,cleaned the carbon out,lapped valves,there was no govenor to remove(i think it had an exterior govenor in the fan shroud.I did a quick port grind on it too....
The engine was painted white not sure if it was orig.but I stripped most of it,I ordered a few new gaskets and will throw it back to gether,and work a bit more of the paint off, and put on a mini I have..

Last edited:
If your still looking for cleaning tools.......

I remember using some Baby Bottle Brushes & Turkey Basters from the dollar store to clean between the cooling fins.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
3hp ready

this is on my bench,it ran but was very fouled up,and had side cover leakage.so I tore it apart today,cleaned the carbon out,lapped valves,there was no govenor to remove(i think it had an exterior govenor in the fan shroud.I did a quick port grind on it too....
The engine was painted white not sure if it was orig.but I stripped most of it,I ordered a few new gaskets and will throw it back to gether,and work a bit more of the paint off, and put on a mini I have..

Just put her back together,runs great....now I can set it up ont the mini>>

Last edited: