60's Rupp?

Saw this at a swap meet last weekend and the guy was only asking $40 so home with me it went. From the little research I've done I think it might be a mid-60's Rupp Continental.

Probably had some ill-fitting engine on it at some point cuz it looks like somebody drilled a little bit into the rear engine mount plate, and looks like an extra sprocket on that (frozen) shaft? Not sure if that's the right fork, but I can see that there is some blue metallic paint under the black on the fork plates, and that seems to match some I found on the frame. Can't find any numbers anywhere.
The pictures make the rust look way worse than it is. It's very solid. I think it's gonna clean up nice. Gonna try and keep everything as period correct as I can.
Whatever this thing is I am super excited to try and bring it back to life.

Any advice on moving forward or thoughts on what exactly it is would be really appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

ruppking

1964-66 Rupp Continental Custom. Fork is correct. There should have been an ID tag riveted in the boxed area under the seat. Blue metallic would have been a correct color for it.

Thanks ruppking, I was wondering about that fork! No ID tag unfortunately but what the heck, this thing is too cool.

And thanks superflea, that does make me feel good! Every once in a while the swap meet gods throw you a bone, although it's getting rarer and rarer these days! I definitely lucked out on this one.