70/71 Trail Blazer LTD 830

Howdy, first time poster but have been lurking for a while. I recently picked up a 1970/71 Trail Blazer LTD 830 from the original owner and it's a nice survivor. The manufacture's tag says it's made by General Parts Company which seems be the same company as General Appliance as the tags look identical except for the company name. The engine was manufactured in 1970 but the original owner said he got this in 1971. OO said everything on the bike is original except for the gas tank and front tire. OO "renewed" the bike in 2006 in which he painted the frame and fenders and put the new tire and gas tank on. He did a good job with the paint as there is no over spray. I asked the OO if the fenders were originally chrome and he thought so. He said the bike has mostly been sitting for the last 35 years in their shop. OO also said that when he got the bike, it was way to big for him so his dad heated up the bars and bent them in a little bit so he could actually ride the bike. I'm ok with the bars bent as it sits right for me. I have a period correct gas tank, NOS carb and air cleaner assembly coming in next week. It's missing the air cleaner assembly, one foot peg rubber and the clutch cover has seen better days, can't believe the piece of plastic has lasted 50 years on a mini bike without gone missing or breaking. I just wanted to post some artifacts out here of this survivor and say hi.

Attachments