'70 Roadster or Enduro

Was it the earlier bikes that came with the street tires instead of trials tires? I have two '70's with different tires. Figured I could one Roadster and one enduro.

Sent from my iPad using OldMiniBikes

Ok, thanks. Wondered about that, as my '69 Roadster has Rupp tires and the trials tires are Rupp.

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes

markus

The Inoue (IRC) is correct, they are who made the the tires for Rupp from what I have seen, the Universal street tread that was briefly used during 1970 which I have never seen marked as Rupp, the trials were though- that one in your pic almost looks like it has a Carlisle style stamping on it :shrug:

Ok. Thanks again Markus. I felt like read a thread where it was said a street style tire was used early on.

markus

Ok. Thanks again Markus. I felt like read a thread where it was said a street style tire was used early on.

correct, thats all you see on the 1970 literature/adds. Note the instruction manual shows the Universal/street tread, but you can see the impression on the carbon copy where they tucked the inspection sheet under the tire at the factory that one of the bikes I had was rolling on trials :laugh:

I'll check on the stamping on those when I get home. On an unrelated issue I'd like to send you a pic of a Tec motor. I think it's the same as one you said was unusual in another thread.