A bad day

I hi there I thought I would tell everyone about my bad day. I was riding my mini bike to one of my friends house. so alls going well till I get about a block from his house . And I hear a pop and see my front pulley rolling past me :confused:
so i came to a stop and at first I was not that mad because i thought the front bolt that holds the pulley on to the shaft just came losses and I could push it to my friends house and fix it. But when i pick up the pulley off the ground i looked and saw the blot and it looked a lot shorter then the last time I saw it. So I went back to the bike looked at the shaft on the bike and the other half of the blot WAS STILL INSIDE. :shrug: so I got it back home and i started think of how I could fix this. i came up with 3 options get a new engine, get a new cam, or drill out the bolt. so im trying number 3 .I got I metal drill and I drilled out the bolt. and im going to get a new bolt tomorrow and see if it works.

Attachments

Last edited:

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Wow, neat trick, your good. So weird that the bolt would snap so far inside !

One thing I never seem to get to work is drilling out a bolt and using a easy out bit.

I really want some reverse drill bits, if the bolt and threads are fair and clean, a reverse bit will thread it right out.

Last edited:
If you look at the picture with the bolt still in the crank it appears to have been fractured right at the first thread in the crank form overtightening. Put a Grade 8 bolt back in it with a drop of BLUE Loctite on it and it will be good. Just don't use the RED Loctite....

Sprocket86

Wow, neat trick, your good. So weird that the bolt would snap so far inside !

One thing I never seen to get to work is drilling out a bolt and using a easy out bit.

I really want some reverse drill bits, if the bolt and threads are fair and clean, a reverse bit will thread it right out.
I've got a Mac Tools reverse drill bit I use at work for pesky Ford F150 broken exhaust manifold studs, work amazing!

I hope you get that bolt out there bud! Be sure the bolt is not to long for your drive clutch stack and bottoming out in the crankshaft when you torque it all up.