A quick note for people about to put a 6.5hp on their Doodlebug.

The other day I got my kit from Chris (which was great) and I installed my 6.5 on my DB. I should have taken a picture of my bike, while it was still perfect. I was riding it with one of my buddies in a big open parking lot. The only problem was that this parking lot had a lot of potholes and gravel/small rocks throughout it. I was having the time of my life crusing around and then I crashed. I figured it was one or all of these three things:
1. I was leaning kind of hard into this turn
2. I was accelerating around the turn
3. I hit a gravel/small rocks spot

Anyways, I say I was going about 30-35(maybe more) and I lost control. I didn't want to mess up my bike so I held on for a minute and got dragged about 30 feet before I let go. My bike didn't get messed up too bad. It has a scratch and a dent on the front fender and my chain came off. Me on the other hand, I have one of the worst cases of road rash you ever seen. I wish my camera was working. It's on my feet, legs, really bad on my knee and inner thigh, butt, and shoulder. It didn't hurt too bad when it happened but I'm feeling it now.

The point to this story is that these little things can hurt you and you need to be careful.

yep, always gotta be careful - I tell my kids - the mini can always be repaired, you might not be. Hope you're feeling better soon.

BUMMER Dude.. :doah: Anybody that has ridden for a while either has done this or will have this happen.. Just depends on the degree of RASH you're going to get.. Take care of yourself, get better, show your RASH proudly, and get back on that bike..... :punk: Take Care..

BUMMER Dude.. :doah: Anybody that has ridden for a while either has done this or will have this happen.. Just depends on the degree of RASH you're going to get.. Take care of yourself, get better, show your RASH proudly, and get back on that bike..... :punk: Take Care..
Yeah it definitely sucks. I got a pretty high degree of rash this time but I'll definitely be back on the bike soon. I'll probably take it a little slow at first. In fact, I need to put my chain back on so maybe I'll do that today and take it for a stroll.

I am still suffering from Ventura heat race #1. My butt turned into my lower back and my pelvis is bruised. My right rib is still sore too and this was a week ago Saturday.

To Whom This May Concern; This Sport is Dangerous, and results may vary. GR Dave knows too... His pain will last one year or more...

TT Out! :shrug:

I get a little overly confident, and have been on my ass off a minibike wreck more times than I can count! I broke my neck in a sportbike race 20+ years ago and still screw around with fast toys, I just sold my 2stroke streetbikes to a collector for a sweet profit and will buy the first RD, GT, or K1 that comes along! Be carefull!:doah:

Another thing is that may have been a contributing factor, is the stock knobby off road tires. There grip really sucks on pavement. You may want to upgrade to better tires when those are worn out.

I am still suffering from Ventura heat race #1. My butt turned into my lower back and my pelvis is bruised. My right rib is still sore too and this was a week ago Saturday.

To Whom This May Concern; This Sport is Dangerous, and results may vary. GR Dave knows too... His pain will last one year or more...

TT Out! :shrug:
Yeah it happened five days ago and I'm still feeling the pain. I think it's healing though. I just wish I was all better. In fact, I wish it never happened. O well, you live and you learn.

life is just a learning game.

I'm a slow learner.....
I don't get road rash these days but I still get thrown off in the sand from time to time.
Not realy a huge deal but as you get older the bumps and bruises take longer to heal.

Significant injuries are with you for the rest of your life however play it safe as you can.
I ride on grass and sand these days....

Sucks dude, hope you recover soon. Just remember everyone this can happen to you whether you have a 6.5 or not.
Very true, i have a 6.5 on mine and no problems, no major crashes. But I go to my friends house ride his 2.8hp and crash it. Can happen to anyone gotta be careful no matter what size engine!:thumbsup:

Very true, i have a 6.5 on mine and no problems, no major crashes. But I go to my friends house ride his 2.8hp and crash it. Can happen to anyone gotta be careful no matter what size engine!:thumbsup:
And the minibike feels no pain, but your wallet can take a real beating!:thumbsup:

TomH

Yeah, I built a track on my land and it purposely has a lot of skill built into it but not a lot of high speed. I know me well enough through way too many crashes and hard knocks to give me a long straight to run on.:death:

Last summer i wiped on on my DB 6.5. I was at my car club's annual convention, and there was a steep hill in the parking lot. I gave it a bit too much throttle comming up the hill and the front wheel came up. The bike walked out from in front of me. I too tried to hold on too long. I got lucky and ended up with only a little rash on my hand and a burn from the exhaust on my inner calf. It would have been worse if I hadn't fabricated a chain guard.

I guess I needed a lesson... to respect the awesome power, and to always wear long pants on from now on. Gloves wouldn't be a bad idea either.

respect the power:thumbsup: people tend to assume a mini bike is a weak lil toy so they become cocky.........till they get bucked

i always ride with gloves, good shoes and usally a helmut, and eye protection, only got 1 eye left now so id like to keep it:mellow:...

road rash sucks