Adding RPM's

Ok Im new here and was just wounding if there was a way to get a few more RPM's out of a stock red and white clone. i have a after market air filter and that it. Mini is doing 28mph on gps and was looking to get to 30mph without changing sprocket.

O and i have backed the rev screw out and it did not change anything.

Thanks

C9H13NO3

Ok Im new here and was just wounding if there was a way to get a few more RPM's out of a stock red and white clone. i have a after market air filter and that it. Mini is doing 28mph on gps and was looking to get to 30mph without changing sprocket.

O and i have backed the rev screw out and it did not change anything.

Thanks
Header and re-jet.

Hello robert and welcome to the OldMiniBikes site! I'm going to pm you of another trick you can do while still keeping the governor on.

Last edited:

C9H13NO3

Ok thanks, One more question after re-jetting the carb and installing a header, is the gov still only going to let it do 28mph. Or how dose that work
With just the air filter on it, it is working very hard.

Think of it this way.

If you eat a ton of food, low and behold two hours later you have to take a dump. Imagine trying to eat more food, with no way for the already digested food to get out.

Open it's throat and uncork it's ass.

It'll get you to 3600 RPM's a helluva lot quicker.

Think of it this way.

If you eat a ton of food, low and behold two hours later you have to take a dump. Imagine trying to eat more food, with no way for the already digested food to get out.

:thumbsup:

he'll still only be turning 3600rpm which is the problem.

remove the governor and get the billet rod/flywheel or get a smaller rear sprocket if you want more top speed. your top speed mainly depends on your rpm and gearing.

he'll still only be turning 3600rpm which is the problem.

remove the governor and get the billet rod/flywheel or get a smaller rear sprocket if you want more top speed. your top speed mainly depends on your rpm and gearing.
Ok so there is no way to up the gov to like 4000 rpm.

I have a 60 tooth rear sprocket I could put on and take off the 70 tooth but don't want to kill the motor or the clutch. Right now it will pop a wheelie when taking off.

One more thing. Where can I get a header that turns and comes out between the back two bars of my bike.

Last edited:
One more thing. Where can I get a header that turns and comes out between the back two bars of my bike.
Mini Bike Exhaust - Honda Clone GX200

Mini Bike Dual Exhaust

If you want higher RPM such as 4000 or more you will have to remove the governor. However it can be very dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!:

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/doodlebug-minibikes/44148-removing-governor-your-engine-OldMiniBikes-please-read.html

Vette does a great job explaining the dangers of removing the governor and I would never recommend it to someone. Also changing your sprocket sizes will help you gain or lose speed. Depends on your sprocket combinations.

If you got my PM, I assure you that you will get some more speed without removing the governor.

Moderators, if my post in anyway violates the forum rules please don't hesitate to delete. Thank you.

Last edited:

two hours later you have to take a dump. Imagine trying to eat more food, with no way for the already digested food to get out.

:lol:

I have a 60 tooth rear sprocket I could put on and take off the 70 tooth but don't want to kill the motor or the clutch. Right now it will pop a wheelie when taking off.
you'll be fine with a 60t rear sprocket. i'm guessing you have a 12t sprocket on the clutch which puts you at a 5:1 ratio. that's a good ratio for still having decent take-off and good top speed.

swapping sprockets is simple, give it a try and see if you like it.