aftermarket exhausts

I'm interested in purchasing an aftermarket exhaust for my honda gx200. I like the look of the candy cane exhausts made by robertsons torque tubes, but I'm worried about how loud it would be. I would prefer that it is not much louder then the standard exhaust, is this possible with the mufflers that you can purchase from robertsons? I've noticed alot of people have made there own exhausts, whats some feed back on them?

Thanks

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Robertsons makes the best headers. We like loud out here so I can't really say to much about that. The candy cane is the loudest of all the headers they have.

Never use mufflers

I personally don't like all the turns in the pipes. I like short almost straight headers. I run the little RLV header on my gas GX200 Honda. They also make a nice muffler setup for it. It's a little cheaper then the Robertson setup.

If you ever seen any of the videos with lil Ike in them. He also runs the RLV header too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PLVwUA757k

I don't have the setup to fabricate my own exhaust, but I can say that Robertson's is very easy to work with. I called them on Thursday, sent them a picture of what I had in mind, and they sent me a photo of the mockup by Friday afternoon. I've got the pipe and a muffler on the way - I also want a "neighborhood friendly" sounding bike.

Once I've got my bike running good, I will look further into a good exhaust. Is your muffler custom made? Or is it one of the ones that they have on there website? If you can, post the picture of your exhaust, I would love to see it.

Thanks

Here are the photos Robertsons sent me of the mockup. He tacked it together to allow for the forward tilt of my engine mount. This way the exhaust stays level instead of pointing up towards the seat. I'll use his standard muffler, and trim the header to length if needed.

Wow, that was cool of them to take the time and do all that for you. :thumbsup:

I don't like to piss off the neighbors either so I'm going to make some headers with removable mufflers and hopefully there won't be much crab tuning needed when switching.

Show us a pic when it's on Zip! :thumbsup:

KB2ROCKET

I cant say enough about robertsons they are great
they have modifyed two rapp loop headers for me they made a header for my gx390 they made two very custom animal headers for my dual engined mini bike you can see these headers on my site under things made just for fun
they work from drawings
one time I heated up some pvc pipe and sent it to them for a mock up
very nice people