Aggie 97 parts

Forks. Mainly. They are bent.

Also could use some tips on where else to look for parts. The guys said it had been sitting for a while. I've read that carbs for these thing are cheap but don't know what carb I need or where to get it. Help please

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

You may search for years and never find those forks!
You have the same forks as the Aggie 98 I restored

Those fork lowers are very easy to straighten out! I used a vice and a muscle to straighten mine. Remember, these were made by a lawn mower company, and even when they were new, they were not perfect! Push the pins out at the top and the lowers will slide out they will never be tight like motorcycle forks!

Those fork lowers are very easy to straighten out! I used a vice and a muscle to straighten mine. Remember, these were made by a lawn mower company, and even when they were new, they were not perfect! Push the pins out at the top and the lowers will slide out they will never be tight like motorcycle forks!
Thanks. I'll do that. That'll save money too.

Nice ride there Skippy ! Why the ass end looks like a Campus ?? Curious as I no nothink about aggies :laugh:

CarPlayLB

Nice ride there Skippy ! Why the ass end looks like a Campus ?? Curious as I no nothink about aggies :laugh:
It looks like a Campus 'cause of your limited eye sight and lack of real minibike knowledge! :laugh: I don't expect a lot from Louisiana anyways!

I got the fork legs off. Here's a pic. They are bent and need to be straightened, right? View attachment 20170113_195702.jpg

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Yes sir, They are bent.

I don't know these bikes well. Are they solid steel Or hollow tube.

In any case they need to go into a press or straighten them in some other fashion.

I'd use wood on the metal as not to cause more damage.

I fabricated new forks. Original design was no good! I got rid of the pins and used 1/4 20 bolts. I drilled some shock absorbing pads from a hockey puck with a hole saw! I also welded grease zircs on the down tubes to lubricate and prevent rust! Works great!