Allis Chalmers/Gilson..hope you can help me out

Guys

back when I was 12 yrs old..my grandpa gave me an Allic Chalmers minibike. It had chrome front forks, chrome fenders, bright orange body and an all white engine on it. I loved that thing, and rode it all the time.

My senior year of HS hit and I was STUPID and sold it to some schmuck for 200 bucks. I cannot to this day believe I did that.

So.....I am hoping all you guys who look around for minibikes can help me out when you are looking....I am in a desperate search to find an old Allis Chalmers or Gilson minibike that is running, or a roller, or just a frame or whatever. I can restore it.

Please please please watch out for me, and if you come across one, let me know.

Thanks
Dan

that ones close to the AC version...but the ac had a nice chrome, vented muffler, and alot of other chrome pieces. BUt the price is right on this one...if the shipping quote comes in half way decent I'll get it.

furyus

that ones close to the AC version...but the ac had a nice chrome, vented muffler, and alot of other chrome pieces. BUt the price is right on this one...if the shipping quote comes in half way decent I'll get it.
I'm sure the shipping won't be too bad, especially if the mini is worth it to you, and it sounds like it is. That looks like a pretty clean example. Another line of thinking, of course, is that if I found one two minutes after reading your original post, there is sure to be another pop up eventually. But will it be closer or as nice? Will you kick yourself if this one gets away and it's six more months before another shows up (a rusted hulk twice as far away)? You've been kicking yourself since high school already.

furyus

yeah...I think I am going to pull the trigger on that one....I can pull it apart and powder coat it orange again, and then look for some of the original Allis Chalmers parts....like the fenders, and exhaust pipe. I am just waiting for USHIP.Com to get back with a quote to me.

Thanks guy
Dan

furyus

yeah...I think I am going to pull the trigger on that one....I can pull it apart and powder coat it orange again, and then look for some of the original Allis Chalmers parts....like the fenders, and exhaust pipe. I am just waiting for USHIP.Com to get back with a quote to me.

Thanks guy
Dan
Cool! Keep us posted.

furyus

AC/Gilson

I found a basket case mini bike for my kid and I have been 2 months trying to identify it.... Guess what???? It's a project and it's painted blue. It has the original 6" rims, misc brake parts, a 5hp briggs motor but is definitely in need of resto. Someone replaced the front suspension with solid forks, and the rear shocks have been replaced with solid bars. I thought it was all stock to tell you the truth. The frame is solid and unmodified however.(From what I can tell) I was going to just chop it up and mix/match throw parts on it, but it seems like there are alot of people looking for these things. I've got a Rupp roller lined up for 50 bucks anyway. Any interest??? Not trying to get rich, just looking for a project for my 8 yr old. I'm in NY.

Guys

back when I was 12 yrs old..my grandpa gave me an Allic Chalmers minibike. It had chrome front forks, chrome fenders, bright orange body and an all white engine on it. I loved that thing, and rode it all the time.

My senior year of HS hit and I was STUPID and sold it to some schmuck for 200 bucks. I cannot to this day believe I did that.

So.....I am hoping all you guys who look around for minibikes can help me out when you are looking....I am in a desperate search to find an old Allis Chalmers or Gilson minibike that is running, or a roller, or just a frame or whatever. I can restore it.

Please please please watch out for me, and if you come across one, let me know.

Thanks
Dan
Ahh, the story of my life. I did that same thing with a Kawasaki Coyote. :shrug: Ten years later, when I realized what I did, I tracked down the buyer to see if he still had it. He ended up selling it to an unknown party and the trial went cold.

I keep a close lookout, but reasonably priced Coyotes are hard to come by.

Flyweed,

I have a decent, straight, no rust Gilson roller I might consider parting with.

Pros: On the bike - tires and rims, rear sprocket, drum brake, jack shaft, both front and rear fenders, chain guard, foot pegs, toggle kill switch. Even have the two clips to hold throttle cable and brake cable to the frame.

Cons: Front forks are slightly tweaked, as most are, no seat, no motor, no brake or throttle controls and painted a terrible blue.

I have a picture on my phone I could send or I have others at home I could e-mail later.