Almost...

My jackshaft work is almost done. I got my chain breaker today and everything fit as hoped except the rear chain had too much slack but not enough to remove a link. I made a chain tensioner out of left over parts from the stock one and will get pics of that later because it was dark when I finished. Here's before I put the chain tensioner on:

I flipped the clutch inboard to keep the chain as far away from the frame as I could but now the throttle cable gets scraped by the chain. Duct tape will have to do for now until I get a new motor. (Pay day wednesday...)

Relocated the stock bracket for the brake, just needed a couple washers to get everything aligned... Gonna need new brake pads soon.

Took it out around the block and half-way through the set-screws on the small jackshaft sprocket completely came out and the keyway flew out as well. I guess all the chain from the oil loosened them up because the sprocket was covered in oil. So now I have to replace those, the brake pads, and find my red loc-tite so I can make it around the block next time. :001_unsure:

I did notice alot more torque, not enough for good wheelies but still improved. I wasn't sure on top speed because I didn't wana go full throttle with no gov on this cheap engine... It sounded like it was revving much higher than with the stock gearing.

delray

hey bowling,it looks like you went through alot of work just to gear it down little. i think it would have been easyer to just change the rear sprocket.
but i am glad to see your amost finish with it and notes a difference in power take off and that you post some pictures of your work. alot of new guys are asking about this minibike and others on how to make there minibike perform better by regearing it.
i wish i had more time to build header pipes and exhaust for this bike and sell them on ebay?
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/brian_c_53711/album/576460762401134267/photo/294928804375183636/0

bowling had to use other roller on top of the chain to keep it from slaping the chain guard. because of the larger sprocket. it was a easy fix. i just use a old roller off a skateboard or rollerskates. just machine it down little and then drilled and bolted it to the side cover
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/brian_c_53711/album/576460762401134267/photo/294928804376292384/9
becarefully of rev-engine for long distance the rod is very small. smaller then a briggs and a tecumseh with the same horse power. i pulled mine out and polish the beam for strengh. its been running good. a biger motor will aways fix that problem too:thumbsup:
:scooter:.........................:thumbsup: looking good bowling

Delray, I wanted a jackshaft so I can change the gearing quicker and cheaper in the future since now I can just buy those sprockets for under $10 each. Also the 80t sprockets didn't seem to have enough clearance for trails. I plan on getting a 6.5hp chonda from Pep Boys, hopefully Wednesday if my paycheck is enough. I can't find any Tote Gotes where I live, but hopefully a 6.5hp with a jackshaft should perform the same. I was hoping for some wheelies but the 2.8hp stock motor just isn't enough.

Finished it today finally... Bought new set-screws and a keyway at Home Depot lol. The keyway was a little too big but I did a little :grind: and it worked fine. Took it out on a little run through the woods near my house and it worked just fine, but I'm still craving more power... When I get paid tomorrow I'm hoping I'll have enough for the 6.5. Here's the chain tensioner I finally finished:

Looks great.

But when you get more power, you then want more speed. I have this problem. I just ordered a torque converter, now i can still get awesome acceleration but go twice as quick.fun fun.

Looks great.

But when you get more power, you then want more speed. I have this problem. I just ordered a torque converter, now i can still get awesome acceleration but go twice as quick.fun fun.
Yeah, I know I'll eventually have to get one... Have to get the money first! I'm hoping I'll have enough this wednesday for the motor.