Alsport tri-sport street legal hard to get nos fuel tank for sale on ebay!

Very sought after fuel tank . If yours tank is like any of my tanks on all my allsport sl's ive bought they are either rubbed or cracked . Leading me to adapt a tank or search for one that wasnt rubbed through or cracked. Need to get a aluminum fabbed copy done that will fit in its place. Or put a tank up on rear rack. But then it takes away from being 100%original.

When I bought back the Street legal trike in 2002 it was sold to a friend in 1973 . So I didn't get a few parts. so I didn't mount the fuel tank right and it slipped down onto the driven half of the Torque converter. I had to patch that tank 2 or 3 times but the last one held up. I too wanted to make one out of Aluminum but never did. The eBay seller is a hoarder big time.

They may be sought after but not worth anywhere near that price ! I know where there's 6 of these for $45-50 each. I better buy them and cash in :eek:ut:

wjustice

I wouldn't mind getting ahold of one even if it was damaged, to pattern and make one from aluminum.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

wjustice

Heh, looks like they relisted for a lot more money. I didn't think it ended, think they stopped it.

wjustice

I had a last minute snipe bid set for more then the ending price. It never went through. I think it ended early. I was all set to buy a sheet of aluminum and start cutting to copy it.

I had a last minute snipe bid set for more then the ending price. It never went through. I think it ended early. I was all set to buy a sheet of aluminum and start cutting to copy it.

Like I said above I can get you one for $45-50 or when I replace mine with one of these NOS ones I'll have a "leaker" available.

wjustice

Like I said above I can get you one for $45-50 or when I replace mine with one of these NOS ones I'll have a "leaker" available.
That works for me. I deal with plastics and may be able to weld the leak also. Hit me up if you replace yours.

Hello to all. Mine had a hole worn through the underneath of that small part which jets out, over the pulley. This is/was common as the rear housing could not support the weight of passengers sitting on the rear rack. No amount of gas tank putty would fix it. Took the original tank to a local fabricator whom specializes in restaurant kitchen equipment. They made me a really nice unit out of thick stainless steel, without that small section to rub on the rear pulley. If I was to do it again, I would have had them weld an appropriate nipple on the bottom, instead of a plain tube. This way, a motorcycle petcock could be utilized to control the fuel supply. The entire cost for fabrication was less than $200 at that time. Good Luck!

Last edited: