Alsport Trisport

Picked up a trike and had a few questions on the motor and possibly year of the bike, i was told it's an old snowmobile engine rotax 650, not sure if its 2 or 4 stroke and the carb is wrecked, plan on cleaning it up and taking it out to the desert, any information would be much appreciated, Thanks! 20200520_172646.jpg

Attachments

I hope to clean it up and buff the fiberglass and all the chrome, pretty pumped it came with vintage Fox air shocks, Fox quoted 83$ a piece to rebuild 20200518_152801.jpg

A guy on ebay has some NOS factory Showa rear shocks for the trisport for 100$ a set, or should I keep the Fox air shocks?
The air shocks could be a nice improvement, over the originals. But, if you don't intend to carry excessive weight, there really is no need for them. Showa is a long standing, high end product maker. Their shocks are, or have been used on almost every motorcycle ever made. With the adjustability, built into the Showas, ride comfort and height should not be an issue.

wjustice

That raised section above the shock crossbar shouldn't be there. The crossbar should be just straight across. Solid from shock to shock. On many snowmobile engines the carb will run right into that bar. I did similar to mine to mount a mikuni on the kohler.

That raised section above the shock crossbar shouldn't be there. The crossbar should be just straight across. Solid from shock to shock. On many snowmobile engines the carb will run right into that bar. I did similar to mine to mount a mikuni on the kohler.
the rotax motor is 2 stroke thats off a old snomobile

Steve73

keep the fox air shocks. that will be one sweet bundle of fun when your ready to take it out into the desert. good lord have mercy...