Angled Intakes for Honda/Clones

Does anyone know a source for angled intake manifolds allowing the carb to remain reasonably level in a frame with an forward tilted engine mount? I'll most likely be using a GX160 or a 6.5 clone. I seem to recall seeing a thread on this subject, but I haven't been able to find it. Thanks.

I've been thinking the stock carb, but am open to aftermarket as well. I am not trying to make a screamer, but if there's a reasonably priced option I'm open to that. My thoughts are clearance in the frame, keeping the carb level (Is it necessary? The engine will be at about 15 degrees tilted forward), and ditching the stock air filter setup for an aftermarket one (for clearance and looks). I will also have to ditch the muffler for some sort of pipe/muffler combo routed back through the frame, again for clearance reasons.

The angled manifolds are hard to come by and most bikes with tilted engines used Tecumseh's, I doubt you'll find any for a Honda or clone. You can make one or have one made but a DOHC Clone shouldn't stick up much anyway but rather "out".

I have one bike that has the tilted engine and it has a 5HP tecumseh, the bike is really sweet and sounds real cool . The manifold had to come from a 4HP since no 5HP was found and I ported it out for max flow which gave it more felt power.

Heres a pic.

hey zip go to 4cycle.com in the honda forum and try yo get a hold of someone that goes buy AGK he had alot of slick manifolds for hondas if he dont have might be able to make

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I had talked to him about it. He said he only has one angled intake left for a angle motor mount. The problem is that the intake is made for a 26mm or larger carb.

Nobody has a angled intake for a stock carb.

Thanks guys for the feedback and input. I'll start with an aftermarket air filter - that should solve the clearance problem (GTO - you were right). I'm hoping that the carb won't have any issues being tilted at 15 degrees due to the motor mount.

I'll be running with an aftermarket filter and a short pipe and muffler combo - is it likely that I'll have to rejet?