Any "gunsmith" hobbist's on here?

markus

I'm not a gun person, have a few stashed around for PP and one cool numbers matching with swastikas stamped Mauser stuffed in a closet somewhere but I got over my "gun" phase years ago.

Anyway I've had this gun for years, found it in a box when I did a clean out years ago. its a S&W lemon squeezer top break, nothing particularity special other than its 100+ years old. It was fairly nasty had pitting etc.. but it was fully functional and tight, till I started to mess with it:doah:

OK so its not particularly valuable, and it wasnt looking so hot so I pulled apart what I could and dropped in the RUST911 bucket (the fake evaporust) either when I did that or when the rust started to come off it broke, well I dunno what it is called, sort of tension spring I think that controls the tension of trigger to firing pin etc...

the piece runs up the back of the handle on the inside, it was still in there and working good I could not get the little screw of the sideplate loose and did not want to mess it up so it was all together still.

Anyone know what that is called so I know what to look for, and how screwed am I as far as finding one:doah:

markus

Dam, that was like hitting the "easy" button at Staples! thanks man:thumbsup:

It would look nice with a new nickel job once fixed.
It was blued, that stuff stripped it off within a half hour or so. It does look way better brighter though :thumbsup: Theres some pretty visible pitting, dunno if thats fixable or not :shrug: worst case I figured on just re-bluing and sticking it in a display case, under some smudged glass :laugh:

Dam, that was like hitting the "easy" button at Staples! thanks man:thumbsup:

It was blued, that stuff stripped it off within a half hour or so. It does look way better brighter though :thumbsup: Theres some pretty visible pitting, dunno if thats fixable or not :shrug: worst case I figured on just re-bluing and sticking it in a display case, under some smudged glass :laugh:

No problem I love old guns and have learned where to find parts.