Any ideas what this was?

Guy wants $75.00 for it. Asked him the seat height but have not heard back yet. I'm looking for a small roller and came across this. What do you think it is? Good, Bad or OK deal?

LK

bandit 40

Yeah a better picture of the neck would help determine what you have , but like Randy said it does appear to look like a ruttman.

Guy wants $75.00 for it. Asked him the seat height but have not heard back yet. I'm looking for a small roller and came across this. What do you think it is? Good, Bad or OK deal?
Depending on the wheels it could be a great deal. He should knock a little off, the seat is on backwards.

71dodge

the front looks weird? i dont think it should be like that that looks like it was modd'd it is also shiny like it was just done (grinding ) idk?

My guess is it is/was a Ruttman. With 4" wheels it would have had a seat height of 18" with a 30" wheel base. Your Lil' Indian I believe will have a seat height of 21 1/2" and a wheel base of 35".. I could be mistaken on the measurements, but there close enough for a blind man.

Looks like an early 70's Ruttman Spyder ... It was originally a 6" wheel bike ... Still small ,but there are smaller out there ... If the frame isn't hacked on and it's clean 75 is reasonable ... Need some better pics ... OK ... Now I see the first pic ... It didn't come up when I first opened the thread ... The seat mount has been cut off along with the rear fender bracket :doah:... I don't know ... Wonder what else has been hacked on ... I may not give that for it ...

Last edited:
Did some models of Ruttman have the front suspension fork on them. There are some that are at the Ann Arbor minibike shows in the past that look like they came with them. Or did some make a aftermarket fork that fits the Ruttman. Mines looks like that bike but is ridged front fork.
Heres one thats was at the show.

Did some models of Ruttman have the front suspension fork on them. There are some that are at the Ann Arbor minibike shows in the past that look like they came with them. Or did some make a aftermarket fork that fits the Ruttman. Mines looks like that bike but is ridged front fork.
Heres one thats was at the show.
I've seen them, like you have pictured. The only Ad I have showing them with springs is a Pac Mule, but I think that was a bigger bike? Same geometry, but bigger. That one you pictured is nice. I like the seat:thumbsup:

I do not think it a pack mule becauase look behind the bike with springs theres's a ruttman with no springer front end its just like the one you and I have. Unless the pack mule frame height was the same and the forks work on the other model Ruttmans.

He said the seat height is 22" - I was hoping for a little lower. :(

LK
If I remember you where looking for something for a small child? If thats the case just throw something together with 4" wheels and pull the seat. I'll measure a Manco Streaker over the weekend for the seat height. That would be a small very affordable bike. I rode big bikes when I was little, I was fine I just had to stop beside a tree. Then I could climb off. Of course I wouldn't have my kid doing that.