Any of you folks into go kart racing?

Thanks Mark ! :)

FYI,,
There's some ''really good'' deals on older Race Kart chassis ect. once in awhile,, on FB market place & CL. ;)
Found mine & my Buddies on CL, had to drive a ways though,, but it was well worth it !!

Added,,
Being that you reside in Wyoming,, you might have to drive to Denver ect. to get one.

I lived out in CO. for years,, & that's where I actually drove my first Race Kart.
Where my mind keeps going looking at your pics is Barstool Racer!
I get drug to the sand drags occasionally with the kids, (only cuz i cook 4'em) wanted one to cruise around the pit areas and such. But I've got mini-bikes 4that. That's what i keep telling myself.

Everthing out here requires a drive... makes the day go quick tho. All but one mini-bike I've snagged either had to have shipped in, (way too expensive) or make a trip down into to the Metro-mess. I volunteer my daughter most of the time she loves it!

CL has its moments, don't do Fakebook, never have. Can't bring myself to do it... even knowing I'm missing out.

Dacono is where the kiddos have taken me a cpl times to ride karts, love to have one... or two... or??? A real Race Kart that is.
Last time we were there they had just put some new ones out, perhaps time i made a trip back n snag an old one (or two?)
You guys are a bad influence on me, ya'll know this right? I have plenty of bad habits thank you very much OldMiniBikes! Lol
Now y'all wanna push Karts in the mix. He'll I'm not quite old enuff to retire just yet, I'll need something to keep me outta the GF's hair!

I really like you're build going on 174, makes me drool sir. Great looking work!
Just a few to many irons n the fire at the moment to dive into the rabbit hole head 1st. Oooh wait what rabbit hole... sure is dark in here... lol

I74

You opened this can of worms Mark,, in commenting this thread.
Shouldn't be so hard on yourself ! LOL !! :D

I just see broken collar bones ect.,, with Bar stool racers.:eek:

Hands down,, you just need to get yourself a Race Kart at some point,, cause ''we all know now'' that's what you really want. :p

Just keep checking out CL ect.

If it's in the stars,, one will come your way. ;)

& when you get one,, you can do like my Buddy & I are doing,, ''if you want'',,, & put on other types of ''bigger'' tires,,,, so you can cruise the - ''not so smooth'' roads & yards ect. :cool:

I

Last edited:

I74

Yes I was, it's looking great. I have a margay kart I bought off craigslist a while back and set it up with a souped up greyhound. My Niede's kids race it around 5 gal buckets I lay out in back like a autocross track. I call it kiddycross. I have taken it out on the street and it is a blast to drive.
Thanks ole4 ! :)

My Buddy picked up an 82' Margay ''X- pert'', the same time I picked mine up.
Gonn'a be a ''really nice'' Kart when it's finished.

Gott'a get mine done first though …. ;)

I

174: yeah my bad, my mouth gets me in alot of trbl these days... seems the older i get the less filter i can muster up. It's gone from i really shouldn't say that, to WTH let's see what happens. Maybe with any luck they'll take my birthday away! Lol

Hmm... thots 2Ponder lol bigger tires cruising the streets... yup i can see it now comin across the loud speaker pull that thing over to the right and no one gets hurt! Now put you're hands on the hood n spread'em! o_O
Rest assured I'll keep my eyes on the stars sir!

But on the other side if life way nice build y'all hv goin on and i really appreciate the wisdom I've found in these pages n pages of overwhelming knowledge shared for all that come searching...

Thank you OldMiniBikes,
Mark

I74

Mark,
I have a build thread on these 2 vintage chassis in the Kart section, & explain pretty much everything on it, plus legality theory -''with being elect. conversions'',, & where we will run them,,, ect .ect. ect.
Feel free to jump in on it if you like. ;)

There is a Guy on another site that drives his ''electric Kart'' on the ''city'' streets legally,, think in North Carolina.
Just has to have all the functional lights.
His does around 60. :p

I

Last edited:

Fourtogo

Thanks ole4 ! :)

My Buddy picked up an 82' Margay ''X- pert'', the same time I picked mine up.
Gonn'a be a ''really nice'' Kart when it's finished.

Gott'a get mine done first though …. ;)

I
This is my Margay Expert Kart , I am running a DapT50 engine on it . Picture doesn’t do justice to color of custom blended powered cost by Ebee Performance.

Attachments

I74

Cool ! :cool:

Frame looks just about like my Buddies,, & the paint is almost like my Coyote Bullet !! :p

You are going to have ''a lot'' of fun with that ! ;)