Any safe crackers out there?

This is in a building I am clearing, apparently it's been there for decades -it may be original to the building, it's a old school built in 1908.
I was hoping to restore it but there's prices missing, so if I can't find replacements I'll probably scrap it.
So hears my questions;
-anybody know where I can find parts? I am missing the dial, the face peice, and a few pieces of bling.
-if I do scrap it I defiantly want to know if anything is in it first, anybody have suggestions on how to open it? I do have a borascope, is there a better place to drill?

Thanks for looking

That's very cool. Are there any marks to help you ID it? That would be the starting point to figure out how to get into it. Add the hardware from an old refrigerator and turn it into a neat beer cooler.

Tink

You'll want to research it's age and manufacturer then look in to how to open or chase parts.
Or have a locksmith or safe company with experience do it.
(Don't hit it with a hammer! )
That said,some real old ones after the dial was removed could be struck on whatever the shaft behind the knob is called and driven into the gearbox.
Breaking a dog or something in the process.
Safe makers then used lead or a soft material to avoid that...
Laminated safes,(don't take a hammer to it!) a corner could be chosen and hammered and hammered till a layer breaks off . Repeated till a big enough hole existed to reach in.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thanks for the feedback. So far I haven't found any markings on it or any pics like it.
I like the beer fridge idea. I am thinking about drilling a hole in the back and scoping it.

Drill the top, since you don't know what is in it, or where, you can be pretty sure that whatever is in it doesn't float. It would suck to drill the back or a side and damage something cool.

I worked for a country store that sold gun-safes for a while, with the digital keypads. I will NEVER trust anything valuable to a safe like that. The whole keypad can be slid off the front without tools, then, you could just plug in your own keypad, enter your own code and open the safe. We did it a few times, as the safes come from the factory with the code "1-2-3-4-5-6". Customers would enter the code, open the safe, then change the code and close it. We'd call the safe company, and they'd just send us a $2 chip with the factory code, we'd pop the keypad off, swap chips and open the safe.

chrisr

Scary, all the money spent on a safe and so easily bypassed. Thanks for sharing.

Drill the top, since you don't know what is in it, or where, you can be pretty sure that whatever is in it doesn't float. It would suck to drill the back or a side and damage something cool.

I worked for a country store that sold gun-safes for a while, with the digital keypads. I will NEVER trust anything valuable to a safe like that. The whole keypad can be slid off the front without tools, then, you could just plug in your own keypad, enter your own code and open the safe. We did it a few times, as the safes come from the factory with the code "1-2-3-4-5-6". Customers would enter the code, open the safe, then change the code and close it. We'd call the safe company, and they'd just send us a $2 chip with the factory code, we'd pop the keypad off, swap chips and open the safe.