Any vintage Snap On toolbox enthusiasts?

Dad gave me this toolbox, as long as I will do some work on it to refurbish it. Who could resist a deal like that? I disassembled it and it is now at the powdercoaters, after a lot of hammering! One bit I'm struggling to find is the little rubber pad on the end of the side handle of the bottom box. I don't have a good picture of the pad, but the side handle is on the right side of the bottom box in the pic. Each end of the handle has a black rubber pad that slips over it. My question is, can I get replacement pads and from where????

Nice....back in the day at work a few of the old school guys had old school boxes with old tools....I always told them how cool that sh*t was.....now Im the old guy...WTF

Nice. My dad has his snap on tool boxes from when he originally bought them. I say they are early 90's or late 80's. The only place that I would imagine you could get parts are from Snap on themselves. Pretty sure they have a lifetime warranty. Maybe call them or do you have a local snap on dealer?

I own that same top and bottom combo. I bought mine in August of 1980. Still have it. I got my replacement end pads from the local Snap on man. He ordered them, took a week or 2.

markus

Those are just rectangular tubing plugs and depending on size might not be hard to find on the internet. or maybe a good supply house. I don't know if snap on still uses the rectangular tubing handle or not, they might on the smaller cabinets. My snap on has a round tube with fancy ends on it, I think I bought it around 2010/11. but My Matco box that I just sold off had a handle just like that on it and it was 2004.

Going with a funky color or anything :shrug: I think and old style box like that would pop pretty good in a different color since you usually only see them in the red. I always dug the emblems on those.

My dad gave me a used top box like that in the early 60's. I think it has a different looking badge. Then in the mid 70's I bought the smallest version of that box. I still have both of them.There are other bigger boxes in my life but I an fond of the Snap On's. Boy, now I feel old.

My Dad has a very similar box from the '60s. No idea on the rubber sleeves.
My Box is a Snap On but not vintage, KRL 722.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses guys and gals. I may just end up finding a snap on dealer and asking them. I'm going with a custom color, you will all have to wait and see!

UPDATE! Got most of it back. It's a 1950s blue/green turquoise. Green in most lighting, and blue in bright sunlight. See the pics for yourself. Also notice the amount of powder filling the bottom box in all the spaces inside. It all fell out when I mounted my custom casters on it and drug it around

One bit I'm struggling to find is the little rubber pad on the end of the side handle of the bottom box. I don't have a good picture of the pad, but the side handle is on the right side of the bottom box in the pic. Each end of the handle has a black rubber pad that slips over it. My question is, can I get replacement pads and from where????
Get me the part number for the roll cab. I'll tell you if the bumpers are still available. The part number should be stamped on the back of the box.

Joe

Get me the part number for the roll cab. I'll tell you if the bumpers are still available. The part number should be stamped on the back of the box.

Joe
On the back is stamped:
KRA 380
SNAP ON TOOL CORP KENOSHA, WISC 81

So is the 81 denoting year it was made? 1981?
Appreciate the help

The only KRA box that has anything available for it is the 2411 series. you can still get top mats for them. From rubber to stainless.
Other than that, it is all discontinued.
If I was a regular tool guy, I would probably have known all that in advance, but I'm a diagnostic guy, so I had to go in search of the info.
I wish I could have had better news for you though.
to answer the earlier question about the model year: Yes. The 81 is the year it was made.
Joe