anybody notice?

maddcarson

Anybody notice that when you take your clone back to Harbor Freight in the box they never check? Good way to rip them off and keep some part i guess.
Another thing i was thinking was putting an old 5.5 hp tec that isnt working in the box and taking it to them.

What happens when they find out that you have kept parts or gave them a different engine?

vette66_00

Anybody notice that when you take your clone back to Harbor Freight in the box they never check? Good way to rip them off and keep some part i guess.
Another thing i was thinking was putting an old 5.5 hp tec that isnt working in the box and taking it to them.

What happens when they find out that you have kept parts or gave them a different engine?
What use to happen is they would destroy anything that cost the company less then $100 and that's alot of what they sell... Now they just stick anything over $50 cost into a bin and ship it back to the corporate dist. They really don't care. It gets dissembled and and rebuilt then sold at the Dist at a highly discounted rate or on ebay. All useless or broken parts are discarded.

So not having certain parts is not a big deal to them. The store get credit even if is a block in pieces.

I did that to napa once on a 350 short block i bought a 4bolt main and gave them some old 305 2bolt main i had laying around.They never said any thing :thumbsup:

how is it stealing when you give them a motor back but different?
What a pathetic A$$hole. You want to be an unethical and immoral jerk...that's your business. You're too retarded to distinguish between right and wrong...that too is your problem. But don't be coming on here advocating ripping off Harbor Freight. We have lots of young kids who frequent this site and the last thing they need is to be exposed to a knuckle dragging low life like you. You're lucky this isn't my site or you'd be out of here for life. JERK!

there's a test called the front page test. how it works is if what you do is put on the front page of the morning newspaper would you be ok w/ your friends, family, those that you respect most, etc if they got to read that paper?

What use to happen is they would destroy anything that cost the company less then $100 and that's alot of what they sell... Now they just stick anything over $50 cost into a bin and ship it back to the corporate dist. They really don't care. It gets dissembled and and rebuilt then sold at the Dist at a highly discounted rate or on ebay. All useless or broken parts are discarded.

So not having certain parts is not a big deal to them. The store get credit even if is a block in pieces.

While I don't endorse ripping off HF It is nice to know I can remove the governer or otherwise modify the clones without any hassles about it not being in as purchased state! It's like having permission to do it! Almost.............. I have returned a couple but they were complete, as will be any returned in the future! There is no percentage in being dishonest, honesty is still the best policy IMO! :thumbsup:

.... Almost.............. I have returned a couple but they were complete, as will be any returned in the future! There is no percentage in being dishonest, honesty is still the best policy IMO! :thumbsup:
What do you suppose people should say when they return a modified motor that is broken after the fact that it has been operated at a level that it is not designed to run at?

So you're sayng you remove the governor which allows the engine to rev higher than the engineers designed it to, then when it breaks you take it back in for warranty replacement ?

Reminds me of a new Camaro that came through the dealership shop where I was a mechanic. It had connecting rods punched through both sides of the block. The mechanic working on it just couldn't buy in to the engine popping like that under normal conditions. Close examination revealed several small holes along the floor pan under the car. Pop the rear hatch and there were 2 flat spots mashed down in to the carpet. Yup, flat spots were where the nitrous bottle had been mounted and the little holes along the floor pan was where the nitrous line had been routed up to the engine. GM denied the warranty and the owner stood there in the service bay and cried like a baby. I stood behind my tool box and laughed at him. He was trying to screw GM out of a new warranty engine and he got caught. You modify it, you own it. Warranty void.

I can see after reading this thread that there are some guys on this board I would never do any deals with because they have no morals.