ARC Billet rod gone

Hey guys i went to install the rod that cam with my hop up kit. Well it will not rotate freely. the bottom bolt ends up hitting this gear.. What is this gear for.. I would assume balance?
Thanks guys.. i just ground it out a little.
are you sure you installed and clearanced this correctly? have you pulled the entire rod out and check it... looks like the rod is intact and the cap, is what broke, which is the part that was rubbing on the block or the balancing gear?

Looks like a 390 correct? What is that round ring in your hand? Looks like a wristpin clip. Rod big end still seems to be attached to the crank, where is the break and broken aluminum coming from? Billet rods don't crack like the parts in your hand looks like cast aluminum. Did the piston come apart?

Looks like a 390 correct? What is that round ring in your hand? Looks like a wristpin clip. Rod big end still seems to be attached to the crank, where is the break and broken aluminum coming from? Billet rods don't crack like the parts in your hand looks like cast aluminum. Did the piston come apart?
You know I thnk your right. The only thing i see is the oil pick up.. I will pull the head and take a peek.. But I would put money on the piston being shot!!

Its a 270

well the head didnt need pulled its the piston for sure... SO What kind of piston do you guys recomed... Im going to need a new rod and piston.... I hope this didnt screw up my valves.

Take it apart are you sure the rod is shot? The stock Honda pistons are fine I am wondering if the wristpin spring retainer came loose? Was this a new piston or did it have time on it?

thats what i was thinking, when i posted...

well the head didnt need pulled its the piston for sure... SO What kind of piston do you guys recomed... Im going to need a new rod and piston.... I hope this didnt screw up my valves.
you would have to pull it apart and do a better assessment.. :shrug:

check the bore, etc, could have been damaged also... maybe need a slight bore and wiseco piston? :shrug: or maybe its all good and re hone :shrug: 6k rpm is high for a big block (without extra billet), from the research ive done :shrug: not sure though, just getting into them, havent owned one yet

Take it apart are you sure the rod is shot? The stock Honda pistons are fine I am wondering if the wristpin spring retainer came loose? Was this a new piston or did it have time on it?

Hd some hours on it... I dont know how many.. But I used it on my duck boat all season...