Awesome aborted landing on a Russian carrier

Oldsalt

Really shows the incredible power the airplane has. It took a lot of Wheaties to climb away from the deck at that angle!

Being an old sailor from duties on two Super Carriers, that was one scared pilot. His glide slope was too steep and air speed way to high. One lucky boy.
Steve :scooter:

I think thats an Su35.
Not that I am an expert but if thats the version I think it is ( based on the cannards ) its one of the new super manuverable fighters ( like euro fighter or the American Raptor that does all those crazy tricks you see at air shows.

All kinds of thrust vectoring and wierd shite lets them do things normal aircraft can't.

I would agree there is a high probability of poop in his pants...
I would poop my pants......

Truth is its not all that hard to leave me with my short full of pudding lol

at that steep of an angle you cant see whats going on below you id imagine. If you dont hit the wire when you think it should you better peg it before its too late :laugh:

If you watch the video real careful you will see that he didn't use afterburner, his turkeyfeathers were closed. I'd say he was doing a practice approach and was failed off.

toomanytoys

I about pooped my pants watching it.....

Amazing the amount of power these planes have. My grandfather was on an air craft carrier during the mid 50s and I he told me a ton of stories of plans crashing during landings.