Axle spanner bushing....

CJ59

So, I have 1/2" OD bolts along with a spanner bushing 1/2" ID x 5/8" OD that passes through the bearings, used with 5/8" ID spacers to center the wheel in the forks (pressing against inner race of wheel bearings). I need a spanner bushing that I can cut to length. The longest spanner bushing that I can find is 6" long. I would like to find some to cut to length, maybe start with 10" and trim to fit. Has anyone encountered this problem?:eek:ut:

CJ59

The spanner bushing surrounds the axle bolt the entire distance between the forks, passing through the wheel bearings. Outside the wheel bearings, there are spacers to center the wheel between the forks. These spacers register against the inner race of the wheel bearings.

maverick1

The wheels I am familiar with have a spacer that fits between the inside of the bearings in addition to 2 spacers that fit between fork and outside of the bearing. There is not a bushing the spans the full length.

markus

Is this for that lil indian/allied bike you posted about before? If so you may want to call allied up and see if they have the axle spacers available as a kit or anything like that. Be ready with all the info of your bike so you get correct spacers as they sold them with 4" steel wheels and the 4 spoke 6" mags as well, they most likely have different spacing.

Heres what Mak-it/allied liesure were machining for those 2 piece frames (this was a 4" steel wheel bike)

Heres a clean up I did on one of those (years newer than yours) that may help a little since its that same style frame.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/mini-bike-discussion/112094-lil-indian.html