Band brake

Drums with different hole patterns that have an OD of 4 3/16 that some of the kart builders back in the day when they built karts in the USA used. Brake bands made by Comet, Thomas Mfg, and Knott fit these drums. We also could make them with only the center hole and you could drill your own hole combination that will work for you. Or no center hole if that is what you want. All they are is the clutch drum with a 4" ID. You can also use them for ash trays, part holders, swimming pools for mice, let your imagination run wild.

Attachments

Last edited:
Drums with different hole patterns that have an OD of 4 3/16 that some of the kart builders back in the day when they built karts in the USA used. Brake bands made by Comet, Thomas Mfg, and Knott fit these drums. We also could make them with only the center hole and you could drill your own hole combination that will work for you. Or no center hole if that is what you want. All they are is the clutch drum with a 4" ID. You can also use them for ash trays, part holders, swimming pools for mice, let your imagination run wild.
Yea I would need a center hole or drill my own for axle and a blank would be amazing do you know where to buy one

I am not smart enough to figure out how to get a picture directly to this site without saving it some where and then I can not find it after I save it. But we have drums with an 1 3/8" center hole and hub that will fit the drum either on the inside of the drum or the outside. We bore the hub to the dimension you want and key with a 1/4" or 3/16" which ever you tell us. You have to weld the hub to the drum if you want it on the inside because we have them already welding if the hub is on the outside of the drum(like in the picture below). These are made for INLINE clutches where the shoe assembly is on the engine and the drum is on the secondary shaft perfectly align to the engine.

This is done where you don't want any kind of harmonic vibration to start spinning the rear wheel when you lift the rear engine of the vehicle off the ground or an application where the person never wants to lube the bushing because it is too difficult to get to. A boat prop is another application where this is used. Unless you throttle up the engine and throw out the shoes the prop will never turn at idle.

Attachments