Belt cross refrence.....Salsbury 500 series?

hoppy

Im looking for a belt(s). have done searches and come up with these numbers.....however they seem to be obsolete. According to my findings the center to center for the salsbury 500 series driver and driven is 7".
Dayco GTS600 or Gates #6011 are suposed to work......after many searches I cant seem to find anyone that sells these belts. It looks like they maybe discontinued. Ive tried crossing them with little success. Anyone been down this road before? Im thinking about ditching a maxtourque for the salsbury setup if I can find a belt to work.

Hello hoppy : For the Salsbury 500 series system the driven clutch is 7 1/2 inches in diameter and my book list 7 different center to center measurements and the proper belt for each distance setting. The 7 inch Center to center takes belt # 300619A and is 30.40 outside circumference.
So what would your center to center distance be ?
Steve :scooter:

hoppy

steve, thanks very much for the info. Since this is a custom build I need to setup my center to center. I need to figure out where I need to put my jackshaft and driven. This salsbury came off a 1964 snowmachine. Should i try and and measure off that machine and setup similar? I read somewhere center to center was 7" so thats what i was going by. Havent set anything up yet so I can differant. I also read the belt sould be 30-1/2" x 59/66".:shrug:
your 30.40 isnt far off. Steve would it possable for you to PM me the 7 differant center to center dimensions and what belts work with them? I can go 7" so thats not a problem if I should just do that and use the #300619A belt. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I had tha machine setup with a maxtourque and chain and im thinking the salsbury is going to be a better choice. Big rear wheels and also a track have steared me in this direction instead.
thanks!

hoppy

steve looks like I can get the center to center distances from the belts on MFG supply. so thanks!!! One more question..........do you know if the comet 500 series parts will work in the old salsbury? Might need to play around with springs if needed. I see parts are available through MFG. Thanks again!