Benefits??

MIGZ

Please excuse my ignorance but new to mini bikes, I am building something for the kids and debating using an old Briggs 3 hp or a 79cc from harbor freight.

Are there any performance /reliability benefits of going the briggs route over a predator

Last edited:
small kids? i say go the new 79cc if you want trouble free starting so they can have fun without having to mess around..and they are cheap

Last edited:

joshua. c.

the 3hp briggs will run circles around that 79cc engine, it has more stock horsepower but not to much for young kids. as far as starting briggs are fairly reliable and when taken care of properly they last forever. I also prefer the look of the briggs.

This is the motor I can get vs the predator

Looks like it has electronic ignition, so that is a plus in the reliability department. :thumbsup: Keep the carb diaphragm fresh and the inside of the tank clean, she should be an easy starter and strong runner.

MIGZ

Looks like it has electronic ignition, so that is a plus in the reliability department. :thumbsup: Keep the carb diaphragm fresh and the inside of the tank clean, she should be an easy starter and strong runner.
How can you tell if it has the electronic ignition ?

If you already bought it you can remove the shroud (4 bolts) and see easy enough. But I'm pretty sure if it says easy spin it is gonna be points.

I'm putting it on one of the new taco22 frames. I would clean it up and spray paint it using high heat white and throw some fresh decals on it.

Frame is not old but I want to stick with the older school look

here she is and she runs great, going to clean it up fresh paint and decals and she will be done.
[video=youtube_share;XGIxmtgQEAo]https://youtu.be/XGIxmtgQEAo[/video]

joshua. c.

if the engine has points you can just disconnect them and install one of the newer electronic ignition coils. it works I've done this a few times. also if you want a more reliable engine clean and paint both the magnet and the coil to prevent future rust.